Swift X SFX14-41G - Solid orange light when device is powered off

Options
SwiftyX
SwiftyX Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Some water spilled on the laptop (Swift X SFX14-41G) when it was closed. It started up and worked fine, but I noticed that there was an orange light together with the blue (which indicates the device is on). When I powered off the device, the orange light stay lit.

It was concerning, so I followed advice online and removed the battery. I let the laptop and battery dry for 24 hours, after which I reconnected the battery.

The laptop still turns on, and there is no orange light together with the blue. But there is still an orange light when the device is turned off.

Should I be concerned? Any recommendations what I should do?

Thank

Answers

• SwiftyX

Tinkerer

Options

The device seems to be charging properly.

When I rebooted the laptop while charging, the device beeped several times. Since then, the noise hasn't repeated.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 9,772 Trailblazer
    Options

Yes, there is a (minor) short somewhere, I recommend bringing/sending the laptop to Acer Services in your country to check the motherboard.

• SwiftyX

Tinkerer

edited October 2023
    Options

Thank you for responding.

In general, would a short mean the entire motherboard would need to be replaced? Or is it possibly something cheaper (fixing a specific chip or )?

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 9,772 Trailblazer
    edited October 2023
    Options

No, it will probably be a minor fix perhaps even just completely drying out the keyboard, but a technician should check the motherboard.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,386 Trailblazer
    Options

The orange light is normal if the charger is connected, even with the device powered off. It shows that it's charging and should change to blue when fully charged.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • SwiftyX

Tinkerer

Options

The laptop has two LED lights - one for power and the other for charging. The orange light I'm talking about is in the power light, where it's blue when the device is on. For some reason, the light turns orange even when the device is off and not plugged in.

In any case, I took it to the technian and he couldn't find anything wrong with the motherboard. Hopefully its just a bug and not a problem.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,386 Trailblazer
    Options

Here is what the manual says:

So it might be in a sleep state, rather than fully off.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • yowskyee
    yowskyee Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

Hello, I’m facing the same problem. How was it now? is it ok?