Motherboard model number for Aspire XC-1780

Long story short, but I've bought a i9-13900T to plug into my XC-1760 (compatible socket), only to find the chipsets are not compatible with the motherboard - Doh! I want to buy a XC-1780 motherboard, which I understand is compatible and fit it in with the existing case and components. Many, many thanks in advance!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,328 Pathfinder

@Davejohnstokes

The motherboard uses a single-chip Intel H610 Chipset with an LGA1700 type of socket that accommodates the Intel RPL-S processor.
    The Acer part number for the motherboard shipped with this model is DB.BK611.001

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!  

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• DaveJohnStokes
    DaveJohnStokes Member Posts: 4 New User

You are a legend, thank you!

• DaveJohnStokes

I have now purchased!

Sorry, can I ask one more question please. Does the motherboard support DDR5-5600Mhz DIMMs please

• DaveJohnStokes

Didn't mean 5600Mhz, 5600MT/s

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

Here's the memory spec:

So, no. You can't physically fit DDR5 memory into DDR4 sockets, and anything faster than 3200MT/s is wasted since the motherboard will just run it at 3200.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,445 Trailblazer

Just some further information, as below are the list of all the mainboards and CPUs that Acer lists for the XC-1760 and its 12th Gen CPUs that their bios versions are compatible with, these mainboards are not compatible with 13th Gen CPUs: