Where can I get a new power supply. Mod. # fsp300-60tha(1), Power supply fan is noisey.

bklyn629
bklyn629 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2023 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

Power supply fan is noisey. I blew it out - no help. Its driving me crazy, but that's a short drive.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

If you can put a drop of oil in iNSIDE and spin it a few times, it'll solve it.

BUT GOOGLE the numbers on the FAN and you should find one MUCH CHEAPER than a power supply.

Answers

• Larryodie
    Answer ✓

If you can put a drop of oil in iNSIDE and spin it a few times, it'll solve it.

BUT GOOGLE the numbers on the FAN and you should find one MUCH CHEAPER than a power supply.

• Larryodie

Use very light oil like 3 IN ONE or a drop of ATX fluid should be enough if you can find an opening.

• bklyn629

Thanks… I'll open up the p.s.. Hope its not a sealed motor. I'll post results.

• themero
    themero Member Posts: 49 Devotee WiFi Icon

Good point Larry . I bought a used 300w psu ( needed it as the supllied 180w didnt have enough horse power ). The fan was having a hard time spinning so i swapped it out with the fan from the 180w unit . good as gold now , but i'll try some oil on the bad fan and see if it helps .

The lesson there is be careful buying used parts !

• Larryodie
    edited October 2023

I forgot to mention to peel back the label and remove the little insert if it has it. Here's good instrutions.

https://www.overclockers.com/em-spinning-lubricate-pc-fans/

Numerous hits on YouTube.

• bklyn629

I unscrewed fan from p.s. and it ran fine. Jury rigged fan to back of p.s. All's well that ends well. And new fan 10 bucks on Amazon, if needed.

• Larryodie

Do not buy a used fan, as it will need oiling as your relocated fan will soon.

Dry bearings do not heal them self.