acer TC-885 How to turn on integrated graphics in bios, but the option is greyed out

user9823
user9823 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2023 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

I have a acer TC-885, with intel uhd 630 integrated graphics and a dedicated graphics card. I want to add a second monitor to my setup that runs on the integrated graphics. And I want to let my first monitor run on the integrated graphics. When i have both monitors connected only the first monitor that is connected to the dedicated graphics card turns on. So I went looking in the bios for the option to turn the integrated graphics on but I wasn't able to turn it on because the option was greyed out. How do I make this option not grayed out anymore? Can somebody help me please?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

The motherboard doesn't support having the external GPU and the onboard GPU active at the same time. The BIOS initializes the GPU card if present and disables the onboard at the same time.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,445 Trailblazer

I don't know which GPU you have, but if you have the oem Acer fited GPU like the GeForce GT720 GT 720.2GB DDR3 or GT1030 2GB DDR3 or the GT730 GT 720.2GB DDR3, which all have only a 1x HDMI port and a 1x DVI port then you can connect the first monitor with a HDMI to HDMI cable and the second monitor with a HDMI to DVI cable.

All these old GPUs with only one HDMI port and you want to connect two monitors, there are several ways to do so. One of the easiest ways is to use an HDMI splitter. An HDMI splitter is a device that takes one HDMI signal and splits it into multiple outputs. You can use an HDMI splitter to connect two monitors to your GPU’s HDMI port. Here are the general steps to use an HDMI splitter:

1. First, insert the HDMI cable into an HDMI output port of your primary device (laptop/desktop).
    2. Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the input port of the HDMI splitter.
    3. Connect two HDMI cables from the output ports of the splitter to your two monitors.
    4. Turn on your computer and monitors.

Another way to connect two monitors is to use a DVI cable if your second monitor has a DVI port. if not, then get a cable that is a DVI to HDMI which all the Acer oem fitted GPUs fitted to the TC-885 have a DVI and a HDMI port. Then you can connect one monitor directly to the HDMI port and another monitor using a DVI cable. Here are the general steps:

1. Connect one end of the HDMI cable to your PC’s GPU HDMI port.
    2. With the other end of the HDMI cable, plug it into the first monitor’s HDMI port.
    3. Prepare another DVI cable and plug one end into the corresponding port of your PC GPU DVI port.
    4. Similarly, plug the other end of the HDMI port into the second monitor.
    5. Turn on both monitors.

TC-885 Desktop back GPU DVI and HDMI ports circled red, use these two ports only, don't use the Intergrated CPU graphics ports #1 or #2

• user9823
    user9823 Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you for your help, but i don't want to use both monitors on the same gpu, because when I am gaming I want that 100% of the gpu power goes to the first monitor. That 's why I want to run the second monitor on the integrated gpu. But I don't get any video output from the integrated gpu, because it is turned of in the bios and I am not able to turn that option on, because it is greyed out. Do you know how I am able to turn this option on?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

The motherboard doesn't support having the external GPU and the onboard GPU active at the same time. The BIOS initializes the GPU card if present and disables the onboard at the same time.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.