ACER C24 ALL IN ONE PC, HOW TO CHANGE MONITOR COLOURS

Options
Airbus12345
Airbus12345 Member Posts: 39 Troubleshooter
edited October 2023 in All-In-One PCs

Can someone please tell me how you change the monitor colours etc….on the ACER Aspire C24 all in one PC?

Thank you

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,630 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Search Windows start menu 'color'. Near the top of the menu click on 'color management' or 'color calibration'. In the box that pops up, click advanced tab. Click calibrate display button. If you're not satisfied, there are other color personal options under Windows start menu search 'color' settings section. For further adjustments and possibly different color options, follow instructions on this link.

For t

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options

Search Windows start menu 'color'. Near the top of the menu click on 'color management' or 'color calibration'. In the box that pops up, click advanced tab. Click calibrate display button. If you're not satisfied, there are other color personal options under Windows start menu search 'color' settings section. For further adjustments and possibly different color options, follow instructions on this link.

For t

Jack E/NJ

• Airbus12345
    Options

Hi Thanks for the reply.

I've carried out the calibration of my monitor, but I still think the blues look too red.

I've gone to the link you mentioned and I'm not sure what I need to download there are over 20 downloads

for my SNID?

Thanks

Terry

• JackE
    Options

I still think the blues look too red.

Hold on! What app, photo, video etc are you trying to display to make this judgment?

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Options

Yes, I understood that. Most of the downloads don't apply in this case. Only the VGA drivers, possibly the chipset drivers and Acer apps might apply.

But what I'd really like to know is why you feel the blues look too red? And what image source are you using to feel this way?

The reason I ask is that a person's color perception, unlike color calibration, is a very subjective property and can greatly depend on the source of the image file, its resolution, the screen viewing angle and the person. What this means is that you might feel there's too much red. But another person might feel there's too much green. And yet a third person might feel it's perfect.

Jack E/NJ

• Airbus12345
    Options

Hi Jack

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure what your point is?

I edit images to a high quality nothing to do with What APP etc…I use photoshop and publish my imageson Flickr and other internet sites.

The two other monitors I use are calibrated and look great, on the all in one PC the images look red

compared to these, that's all I'm saying and I can't see a way to get the images on this all in one looking

the same, even after calibration. I know it's an all in one PC but it would be nice like monitors having

controls to change multi things easily.

Terry

• Airbus12345
    Options

Hi Jack

I appeciate what your saying re colours and peoples perception of them.

I have 3 PC's all next to each other, the 2 other PC's have ACER monitors connected to them, and if I call up

the same image on these 2 then compare it to the all in one , the blues look far too red.

What concerns me is if I try to edit in photoshop on the all in one is that the image won't look top quality like the normal PC's and monitors.

With a normal monitor there are so many options to change things, this doesn't appear to be the cast in the all in one.

Thanks

Terry

• JackE
    Options

I have 3 PC's all next to each other, the 2 other PC's have ACER monitors connected to them, and if I call up the same image on these 2 then compare it to the all in one , the blues look far too red. What concerns me is if I try to edit in photoshop on the all in one is that the image won't look top quality like the normal PC's and monitors.

OK. I think we're on the same page now. What does the same image look like on one of the external monitors connected to the AiO?

Jack E/NJ

• Airbus12345
    Options

Hi Jack

Thanks again for your help.

I've just connected an ACER monitor to my all in one and the image looks much better, more blue with the sky not so washed out, the reds also look better?

Thanks

Terry

• JackE
    Options

Search Windows start menu 'night light'. Click night light near top of menu. Is night light turned off?

Jack E/NJ

• Airbus12345
    Options

Hi Jack

Night Light is turned off, thanks

Terry

• JackE
    Options

Does it get worse when night light turned on? What happens when night light slider is moved all the way to left?

Jack E/NJ

• Airbus12345
    Options

Hi Jack

When the night light is turned on the image looks worse, if I put the strenth to the far left it looks slightly better. Well the display now default to this or when it gets night colours will change?

Thanks

Terry

• JackE
    Options

> if I put the strenth to the far left it looks slightly better. Well the display now default to this or when it gets night colours will change?

What's "slightly better" mean? Better than all the way to the right? Or better than with the night light turned off?

Either way, it should stay that way unless you set up a schedule to turn it off.

Jack E/NJ

• Airbus12345
    Options

Slightly better means slightly better? It makes no difference if the night light is turned on or off, but yes if the strength slider is pulled to zero the image improves, however the red colours in my opinion aren't as vivid as when I plugged the external monitor into the AIO.

Thanks

• JackE
    Options

Did you install the external monitor's color profile on the AiO as in this link?

Jack E/NJ

• Airbus12345
    Options

Hi Jack

No I didn't download the external monitor color profile, although I'd like to if that gives you more control over colors. I did go to the download link but it looked somewhat difficult to do and I was also unsure of what things to download for my AIO, there were quite a few options

Thanks

Terry

• Airbus12345
    Options

Hi Jack

Thanks again for your help.

I've just connected an ACER monitor to my all in one and the image looks much better, more blue with the sky not so washed out, the reds also look better?

Thanks

Terry

• JackE
    Options

No I didn't download the external monitor color profile, > I was also unsure of what things to download for my AIO, there were quite a few options

I meant the Acer external monitor's color profile, not the Acer AiO's internal screen's color profile.

I've just connected an ACER monitor to my all in one and the image looks
    much better, more blue with the sky not so washed out, the reds also
    look better?

I'm not sure what you did to make this happen? Since you earlier said "the red colours in my opinion aren't as vivid as when I plugged the external monitor into the AIO." ???

Jack E/NJ

• Airbus12345
    Options

Hi Jack

Could you please talk me through how to install 'Acer external monitor's color profile' on to my AIO?

When I connected the external monitor in the AIO I thought the reds looked more vivid then what was visible on the AIO with exactly the same image?

Will the Acer external monitor's color profile allow me to change specific colours on the AIO?

Thanks

• JackE
    edited October 2023
    Options

Could you please talk me through how to install 'Acer external monitor's color profile' on to my AIO?

Hopefully. What is the Acer external monitor model number? For example, KA270HD? Or KB272H? Or CB272Y? Or etc?? If you enter that number on the Acer drivers and manuals download link, the available Windows monitor drivers should install them.

BTW, I probably misinterpreted your earlier comment that the reds weren't as vivid on the external monitor —- not the AiO screen —- with the AiO nightlight slider all the way to the left. That's why I was surprised when you later said the external monitor on the AiO was perfect

Jack E/NJ