Getting Citra to run games in S3D on the Spatiallabs View, any success?

Options
Dcubed
Dcubed Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Hi there. I'm trying to get my library of 3DS games up and running in S3D on the Spatiallabs View, but the screen doesn't seem to be able to merge the Side By Side image like it should be able to…

Whenever I turn on SBS 3D and go into full screen, Spatiallabs Go seems to allow me to turn on S3D (and I can see that the IR headtracking camera turns on), but the two images just refuse to merge. The craziest thing is that if I then Alt Tab out of the game, you then catch a brief moment where the screen actually does merge the two SBS images into proper S3D, but then it reverts back into 2D a few seconds later.

This is driving me nuts! Has anyone managed to get this working properly yet? If so, how?

I'm guessing that there's some sort of incompatibility with the emulator's use of OpenGL/Vulkan, as the Spatiallabs View screen seems to prefer the use of Direct X, but I'm just spitballing here…

Best Answer

• Dcubed

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options

It appears that the latest Spatiallabs Go update has now added support for Open GL/Vulkan, because Citra's SBS 3D now just works! No further need for OBS reprojection tricks!

Just turn on SBS 3D, go in full screen, press Alt G and there ya go! It works as it should now :D

Answers

• Dcubed

Tinkerer

Options

I've found a bit of a workaround… turns out that using OBS to capture the window allows the SBS images to merge as you would expect.

So yes, it seems that the Spatiallabs Go software only works with Direct X applications. It's a bit of a silly workaround, but it does at least work!

• nautymac
    nautymac Member Posts: 12 New User
    Options

Can you share how to configure OBS? I was tried to run Citra but I can't because only DX11 suppport.

• Dcubed

Tinkerer

Options

Easiest way is to run the game in full screen on a different display, then open up OBS, add that screen as a Display Capture under Sources, then right-click your Display Capture and select Full-Screen Projector and select the Spatiallabs screen.

You should then get a copy of whatever is being displayed on your other monitor. From here, activate Spatiallabs Go and it should work.

• nautymac
    Options

OK. Thank you.

• Dcubed

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options

It appears that the latest Spatiallabs Go update has now added support for Open GL/Vulkan, because Citra's SBS 3D now just works! No further need for OBS reprojection tricks!

Just turn on SBS 3D, go in full screen, press Alt G and there ya go! It works as it should now :D

• nautymac
    Options

OK. Thank you for info!