Battery completely dead just after one year, laptop slower than usual. (Model Aspire A515-56)

SUDHARMA
SUDHARMA Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Battery completely dead just after one year, laptop slower than usual. (Model Aspire A515-56). Machine doesn't power on without power. How I trust Acer brand. please help

Answers

• Hi @SUDHARMA does your equipment currently have a warranty? If you have it, contact Acer warranty services in your country directly.First try a calibration and a battery reset with the rear hole to rule out a total depletion of its capacity:

During this year have you performed battery maintenance?

Thank you.

All the best.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Colaborador pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
    • Pro bono contributor, I do not work or speak on behalf of Acer
    • MVP de MSFT (2003-21) & Windows Insider & (alezmvp)
  • SUDHARMA

Tinkerer

thanks. They say the battery warranty is over. I try to reset and calibrate. But it is not work

• Ok, tell me if it solves the problem or it's definitely a dead battery.

Thank you.
    All the best.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
  • SUDHARMA

Tinkerer

It does not solve my problem. Laptop slower than usual.

• Do I perform the calibration? This takes several hours.
    A battery problem should not be related to the slowness of the computer if it is connected to the power charger, what version of Windows do you have installed?
    If you log in in safe mode, does it work faster?

Thank you.
    All the best.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,938 Trailblazer

The "slower than usual" issue IMO is not related to the adapter power or a dead a battery, but low RAM or system maintenance neglect, your Windows11 system should be up-to-date with version 22H2 build 22621.2428, if not check for updates. In Task Manager Performance you can check what programs you don't need and are using a lot of resources. Windows requires only 4GB available RAM but 8GB would be better. What SSD do you have, Gen4 or the much slower Gen3 and how much free storage space is on that SSD?

You can get a new battery here, model number: KT00304012, AP18C4K(3ICP5/81/68), AP18C4K, AP18C8K
    https://www.laptopbatterydirect.com.au/acer-battery/aspire-5-a515-56-battery-acer.htm (US$45)

• SUDHARMA

Tinkerer

I tried to calibrate it last night. form several days my battery didn't fully charge. I have informed my agent. They reinstalled my OS. But it didn't work. It stopped before 100%.

• Thanks for the information, in that case you will probably need to replace the battery, I recommend that you go to a technical service to help you in the process and confirm what the problem is.

Thank you.
    All the best.

• SUDHARMA

Tinkerer

thank you for your help. But I can't claim my warrenty.

• But it was Acer who confirmed that the battery no longer has a warranty?

Thank you.
    All the best.

• Have you tried shocking the battery to see if the battery charges again?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)