Long beep upon starting; ES2735G (part #DT.VSJSG.01D) trouble booting showing wrong clock

AshKal
AshKal Member Posts: 39 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited October 2023 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

PC had one beep and trouble booting showing wrong clock, Continue boot by pressing F1 button, next day changed new CMOS battery but No boot but long beep. Tried another Battery cell problem persists. What went wrong? How to troubleshoot? PC is just 3 years old and this is second time(not sure) changing the battery.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

Long beep is usually a RAM failure.

See if you can get into BIOS by hitting delete or F2 then to a F9 factory reset.

See if an alt F10 works to go into recovery

1: 1st try holding power button for 30 seconds with the unit unplugged and then plug & reboot.

2: If that doesn't work then unplug and remove the battery OVERNIGHT.

3: You can do this first if you choose . Swap your RAM modules to the bare minimum. Keep switching till it boots or no more swaps.

Check your Hard Drive on another computer HUB tester.

• themero
    themero Member Posts: 49 Devotee WiFi Icon

s Larry said it could be the memory . Have you tried taking it out and putting it back again . That was a regular thing on an old HP desktop I had years ago . Also do you have any usb devices plugged in when the beep happens . If so maybe one is causing trouble . Disconnect everything from usb and if it boots fine try one device at a time to see which is causing the issue .

• Larryodie

You have to manually update the clock (bios) after the battery is pulled with the cord disconnected.

I forgot to mention to unplug ALL USB's even the keyboard and mouse.

Also as Thermero mentioned to reset the ram modules. I use rubber eraser to clean the contacts. QTips and alcohol is OK too

• AshKal
    AshKal Member Posts: 39 Die Hard WiFi Icon

OK working now, While replacing CMOS battery, HDD power cable got dislodged. Thanks for all who had responded

• Larryodie

Congratulations