Predator Orion 3000 PO3-650 CPU Fan Upgrade Help

Options
Nickm1002
Nickm1002 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello,

I just got my Predator Orion 3000 PO3-650 today and just running chrome and a few programs I'm hitting up to 87C which I don't like.. I did research before buying and knew this could be a problem but I knew I could replace fan.

so I can't find a clear answer for my exact model the P03-650 (i7-13700F / RTX 3060)

Can I replace the CPU fan with this one?
https://www.amazon.com/Noctua-NH-U9S-Premium-Cooler-NF-A9/dp/B00TBHYYFK/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

I'm not good with PC's and people said before you can change it to this with slightly larger screws and not having to remove the motherboard.

Can anyone confirm this is the correct fan and I don't need to take out the motherboard.

Thanks.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,447 Trailblazer
    edited October 2023
    Options

Yes, the the PO3 and PO5 - 6XX desktop models have been always upgraded over the years with the Nocturia NH-U9S chromax.black cpu cooler that you are shooing on Amazon, this cooler has also an advantage of having the option of being upgraded to have two cooling fans as shown below, so consider that also, as this cpu cooler is the right size and is the premium cpu cooler, that is why community members have used this cpu cooler as an upgrade to the oem Acer cooler and its worked very efficiently and best for the Predator Orion 3000 and 5000 desktops. Go to the Noctua site and have a look at the fitting instructions, as there is allot of guides to do that.

This is the specified dimensions of the NH-U9S CPU Cooler,