Windows product key recovery How can I recover my product key

Options
Subhankar_j
Subhankar_j Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2023 in Windows 10

I bought a acer in 2014 with original windows product key. As I was having issues, I changed ram and installed SSD. But cheated by my engineer, he teared the sticker of product key and did not use my kep for my laptop. A small part of windows product key is still there and few digits of product key is visible. How can I recover my product key from there so that I

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,284 Trailblazer
    Options

Contact Acer Services in your country and they will advise what to do, probably bringing your laptop to reset the system to factory defaults and reinstall OEM Windows8 for a small service fee. If you registered your laptop with Acer and Microsoft, you may be able to get the key using your e-mail address although that did not start till 2015 with Windows10.

• Alejandro_AC
    Options

Hi @Subhankar_j what is your exact model and what is the version of Windows installed at the factory?
    Do I change the factory version later?

All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

What Acer model is it? What OS was originally installed? In 2014 is was likely Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 and the product key is embedded in the BIOS for W8 and later OSes, so no sticker needed.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.