Predator G3610 desktop Problem with updating BIOS "ROM file size does not match existing BIOS size"

Options
neske
neske Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2023 in Predator Desktops

Hello everyone,

I have problem with updating BIOS on my Predator G3610 desktop, he have BIOS with P02-A2 version and it does not support i5 3rd get CPU which i bought as an upgrade. So I need newer version of BIOS(P03-A3) but I can't find it nowhere. Found something online and it says when it starts "ROM file size does not match existing BIOS size". I had i5 2400 now i put i5 3570k and it does not work.
Please for help !!!

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,064 Trailblazer
    edited October 2023
    Options

Acer does not support the Preator G3610 desktop anymore, except for the basic VGA drivers and a LAN driver. As far as I know, the last Predator G3610 desktops bios is the BIOS Version P03.A3 - Titled: BIOS (for device with Ivy Bridge & USB 3.0 supported) - Dated: 2012/05/14, you can download this from HelpDrivers - who have available 41 files for Acer Predator G3610 – and BIOS Version P03.A3 is a known reliable source (ITS NOT ACER) that I've used.

Please Note: THAT I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY for any files downloaded from HelpDrivers and if this file or any files are corrupted or that it will brick your bios chip while flashing, you upgrade this BIOS Version P03.A3 at your own risk!

• I suggest that you read the BIOS Version P03.A3 "readme" guide to flash this new bios through windows and follow that guides exact steps!

Note: before you flash this bios: turn off any anti-virus, malware programs, turn off all background programs that are running, make sure that your desktop does NOT crash or have any BSOD blue screens prior to this bios flash and its on a reliable power outlet that will not be interrupted, as all these factors could interrupt the bios flash and will brick your desktop.

The Predator G3610 mainboard, with the Intel H67 chipset supports the below Socket 1155 CPU's, Acer also has different Predator models with these cpu's listed below, so these cpu's are proven to work with the H67 chipset mainboard and all the G3610 bios versions:

The i7-2600 is fitted by Acer as the top spec cpu and the below specs are a variation of this cpu's model, the % is the upgrade % compatibility to the i7-2600 cpu:

Core i7-2600

3.4 GHz

3.8 GHz

1MB

8MB

95W

+

N/A

Core i7-2600K

3.4 GHz

3.8 GHz

1MB

8MB

95W

+

96%

Core i7-2600S

2.8 GHz

3.8 GHz

1MB

8MB

65W

+

93%

Core i7-2700K

3.5 GHz

3.9 GHz

1MB

8MB

95W

+

92%

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,941 Trailblazer
    Options

The P03 BIOS versions are for the later motherboards needed for the 3rd gen chips, the P02 BIOS versions are for the earlier motherboards that used the 2nd gen chips. You can't just change the BIOS to move from 2nd gen to 3rd gen, you also have to change the motherboard.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.