Acer Nitro 5 and External Monitor Screen Problem Over HDMI [Black Pieces - Help]

Options
mecrayavcin
mecrayavcin Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2023 in Nitro Gaming

Hi everyone!.

Here is my laptop.

https://www.acer.com/tr-tr/laptops/nitro/nitro-5/pdp/NH.QFLEY.004

My Monitor:

https://zowie.benq.com/tr-tr/monitor/xl2411k.html

Zowie 2411k
Specs:
2 X HDMI 1.4
1 X HDMI 2.0 (i use this port)
1 X DisplayPort 1.2

Cable:

https://www.amazon.com.tr/dp/B082ZMMGW5?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&tag=technopattr-21&th=1

Paugge Ultra Sertifikalı Hdmi 2.1 Kablo - 8K 60Hz, 4K 120Hz, 4K 60Hz, eARC, HDR, D-HDR, HDCP2.2, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos (2 Metre)​

Here is the problem:
Video:

Picture:

There is no problem in the internal monitor of Laptop!

Sometime i have black parts on my external monitor screen.

When i change pages on my problem, sometimes i have this issue!

I use 144hz and also tried 120hz and the problem is still exist.

I play Rainbow and while playing there is no problem but there is an important point.

BUT when i run rainbow, on the home screen og game everyone knows that there is a operator video which runs at background. Sometime this video seems full black beside game buttons. This is too strange.

What do you think Is there a problem with the hdmi port?

Could you please help me?
Thanks

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,068 Trailblazer
    Options

Your HDMI 2.1 cable and the HDMI 2.0 port should work 100%. Here is something to be aware of as you could have either a defective cable or monitor.

HDMI Basics:

HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) is a standard connection used for transmitting digital audio and video from a source (such as a gaming console, Blu-ray player, or computer) to a display device (like a TV or monitor).

It has evolved over the years, with different versions offering varying features and capabilities.

HDMI 2.0 vs. HDMI 2.1:

HDMI 2.0:

Maximum transmission bit rate: 18 Gbps.

Supported features: High Dynamic Range (HDR) technology, which enhances color and brightness across displays.

HDMI 2.1:

Maximum transmission bit rate: 48 Gbps (almost three times that of HDMI 2.0).

Key features:

Faster refresh rates.

Higher resolutions.

Introduction of the new cable category called “Ultra High Speed.”

Dynamic HDR, which adjusts HDR metadata frame-by-frame for clearer bright or dark scenes.

Support for up to 32 audio channels and enhanced audio return channel (eARC).

Backward Compatibility:

Yes, you can use an HDMI 2.1 cable in an HDMI 2.0 port, and vice versa.

However, there’s a catch: You won’t be able to access the newer features specific to HDMI 2.1 when using it in an older port.

The cable will work, but it will operate at the level of the older version (HDMI 2.0) in terms of features and capabilities.

Verification and Authenticity:

To ensure you’re getting a quality product, look for the following on the cable box:

The words “HDMI Ultra High Speed.”

The “Ultra Certified Cable” hologram and QR code.

These indicate that the cable has been tested to a minimum standard and certified by the HDMI Licensing Administrator.

Testing Authenticity:

You can verify your cable’s authenticity using the official HDMI Certification app for iPhone and Android.

Point your smartphone’s camera at the packaging, and if it passes the test, you’ll receive a “Congratulations” message.

Conclusion:

While backward compatibility allows you to use HDMI 2.1 cables in HDMI 2.0 ports, consider investing in certified cables to ensure optimal performance and access to all features.

• eGomes
    eGomes Member Posts: 3,016 Guru
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hi,

Also check if the firmware UEFI / BIOS is updated with the latest available version:

https://www.acer.com/us-en/support/product-support/Nitro%20AN515-58/downloads?suggest=AN515-58;1

• mecrayavcin
    mecrayavcin Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Hi again.

First of all i found the problem.

There is no problem on the HDMI cable. HDMI Ultra High Speed, Ultra Certified Cableand the other informations is on the BOX.

And also i updated bios 2.10

The problem was CHROME

I disabled 'Use hardware acceleration when available' and it was fixed. There are no problem in the other browser like Edge, OPERA.

I don't know why Hardware Acceleration makes this problem :(

I had bought an expensive cable, but think it does not necessary.

Thanks