Why does my Predator PO3-640 not show anything on my screen and just makes noise?

Options
Gustavokoko
Gustavokoko Member Posts: 4 New User
edited October 2023 in Predator Desktops

My Predator PO3-640 does start up but just keep making looping the starting beep noise and does not showing anything on the screen.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,064 Trailblazer
    edited October 2023
    Options

Do reset and see if that will fix the problem, doing a clear CMOS reset and also take the RTC/BIOS battery (see red arrow in the caption below) out and do a reset of your bios and Super IO and Chipset chips, see if that fixes the boot problem. Also, it would help if you told us how many beeps you are getting, as that is a code to the problem that you are having.

• Gustavokoko
    Options

Hey, thanks for the answer I will try your method, it is just a beep with no patterns.

• Gustavokoko
    Options

Sadly it did not work :(

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,941 Trailblazer
    Options

A single short beep is normal at the end of POST. That's the signal everything completed correctly. Double check the video cables to make sure everything is hooked up as it should be. Can you try the monitor on a different system?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Gustavokoko
    Options

Hey! It’s not a short beep sorry if I was unclear it is a long beep that won’t stop.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,941 Trailblazer
    Options

A long beep that doesn't stop is an indication of a memory error during the first portion of POST. Your first step will be to reseat the memory sticks, you can sometimes get some corrosion on the connectors and reseating a couple of times tends to wipe that off.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.