Predator Helios neo 16 laptop display turns off after 5 to 10 minutes

Options
ismile79
ismile79 Member Posts: 5 New User

I bought Predator helios neo 16 laptop 20 days ago. From the unboxing day, the laptop turns off after 5 to 10 minutes only the keyboard lights displace and continuously shutdown what is the reason and what should I do

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,824 Trailblazer
    edited September 2023
    Options

It could be the new S0 Modern Standby mode in Windows11 ("Sleep mode"). Change Power Plan to Balanced Power Plan and reset that plan to factory defaults. Disable Fast Startup and Hibernate options in Balanced Power Plan and reboot.

If that did not fix the automatic shutting down, I suspect you have a battery charging issue: Boot to BIOS with F2 and reset with F9, save settings on exit. Charge the laptop with the power brick adapter till the amber light turns blue, wait a while and boot to Windows, check the battery meter reads 100%, fully charged. Unplug the adapter and use the laptop all day till it turns off automatically (hibernates) then plug in the adapter and charge to 100% again. When you are using a USB-C charger, make sure the power output is at least 90-Watt. Any of these USB-C chargers will work: https://www.zdnet.com/article/best-usb-c-laptop-charger/

If none of the above fixes the issue I recommend returning the laptop to the retailer and demand a new laptop.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,064 Trailblazer
    edited September 2023
    Options

Unless you are prepared to do a Hard Reset (be also aware that it might not fix things) of this new laptop by undoing the back cover, taking he main battery out, disconnecting the RTC/BIOS battery and shortening the + & - mainboard RTC/BIOS battery plug pins and leaving these components disconnected for 15min and then reconnecting everything and rebooting the laptop, which could void your 12 months Acer warranty, then go for it.

But the most sensible thing is to send this new laptop back to Acer Tech Support and get them to do whatever it takes to fix this laptop, btw this is a common problem as the same happened to my brand new out of the box Nitro 5 AN515-56 new laptop, that is 18 months old and once I did this hard reset the laptop worked perfectly since. Yes its a hassel to send your laptop back to Acer but its the best option that you have.