Acer Predator Helios 300 ph315-52 - Crashed after windows reset, now unreseponsive black screen

Options
JCrawleyPage
JCrawleyPage Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 2023 in Predator Laptops

Hi everyone,

I recently reset windows on my laptop using the Reset Windows tool through Windows 10. Upon restarting and going through the usual 'Welcome to Windows' set up, the laptop crashed to blue screen with a WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR.

It didn't reset, and so I did a forced shutdown by holding the power button. When restarting, the keyboard lit up but the screen stayed black. It then restarted itself, but with the same keyboard lights and black screen - it idled like that for several minutes until I did another forced shutdown.

After leaving overnight I tried to start it again. After several attempts I managed to get to the BIOS screen through pressing F2, reset the bios, and reset windows again as the system said it wasn't recoverable.

When Windows reinstalled, it actually worked fine until it updated a couple of hours after I started using it. I then had the same WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR blue screen crash. I tried to reset the BIOS again, but it crashed while trying to do that, and I've been struggling to get past the black screening problem since then.

I understand from other posts that maybe an Acer OEM reset might be part of the solution, but I'm struggling to do that.

Does anyone have any instructions I can follow which might solve the problem? Or at least help me consistently get past the unresponsive black screen issue?

Thanks in advance! Happy to provide more information if possible.

Answers