Aspire Z3-605 AIO bios recovery

Options
MariusRo
MariusRo Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi, anyone knows Acer Aspire z3-605 AIO bios recovery procedure ( from black screen)? I have one for testing and i think i can make it compatible with windows 10 22h2 . I know it is old but i did not find any info on this and from other models did not work (amiboot.rom etc) or i didn't do something. I need it. Thank you.

Answers

• StevenGen
    Options

If your bios is damaged imo its best to do a full reprograming to the bios chip last 2017/07/17 - Version P11.A2 for this bios chip and do this with a proper bios programing tooll. I recommend that you take your AIO to an expedited technician so that he can do this for you. I’ve included a PDF copy of the Acer guide in PDF format for the Z3-605 AIO BIOS Recovery for you below , so see how you go?

Also, and if you want to run Win-10 22H2 on this AIO 3rd Gen cpu PC, its best if you upgrade this AIO to 16GB max ram at 2x 8GB DDR3L-1600Mhz type ram and also upgrade the boot drive to the 2.5” SATA III SSD type drive, as doing all these upgrades will improve your AIOs performance by at least 100%+ to operate Win-10. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

• MariusRo
    MariusRo Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thank you. I will try it today. This pc can run smooth windows 10 with 8Gb RAM (4gb too but will have 1gb for apps) and a buget 2.5'' ssd. I found a way to make windows 10 upgradable without freezing but one bios was flashed with a bad A3 rom. I want to try a recovery to see if I can donate the pc, the off-board tehnician reprogramming does not justify costs and I did it only on other compatible boards if it was removable (2005 last one i think unibios program). I do not have tools (if arduino is not good enough) :( and I am a begginer at pic reprogramming, desoldering and advanced stuff like that. (Can it be done with arduino on board... a simple yes or no not to populate the forum with offtopics)