Casting with Predator Triton PT314-52s to external output does not work with windows 11

Options
thomasog
thomasog Member Posts: 4 New User
edited October 2023 in Predator Laptops

Greetings,

I am seeking assistance with the casting function on Windows 11. I have attempted to cast my laptop screen to three different TVs, which are compatible with the casting feature and work well with other two Dell laptops that also have Windows 11 installed. Thus, the issue seems to be related to one specific installation of Windows on my Acer laptop. My laptop (Acer Predator Triton PT314-52s) meets the requirements for casting, such as Miracast and HDCP support.

I have taken several troubleshooting steps, such as disabling the firewall and antivirus, ensuring that the TV and the laptop are on the same Wi-Fi network, not using VPN, and updating the network and video drivers. My video card is a Nvidia GeForce 3060. Windows can detect the TVs as available devices for casting, but the connection fails.

I am at a loss of what else to do to resolve this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• eGomes
    eGomes Member Posts: 3,018 Guru
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hi @thomasog,

I have same casting issue with LG Smart TV + MediaTek MT7921 wireless card. In my case, only a few specific versions work after numerous unsuccessful transmission attempts.

Try update driver of you Intel® Killer™ Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 (i/s) wireless card with latest version available:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18649/intel-wireless-bluetooth-for-windows-10-and-windows-11.html

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Try adding devices here:

´Then press windows+p:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • eGomes
    eGomes Member Posts: 3,018 Guru
    Options

In some cases, it may be necessary to perform a "factory reset" on the TV.

• thomasog
    Options

Hello eGomes,

Thank you for the feedback. I have updated the drivers as suggested, but the issue persists.

All three TVs are working perfectly for receiving casting from two other laptops (Windows 11) and mobile devices (Android and iOS).

Hello egydiocoelho,

The displays have already been added in Windows and appear in the casting option (win+k). However, the connection is not functioning as expected.

If anyone has any additional ideas to assist, I would greatly appreciate it.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Search for WIRELESS VIDEO in Windows Defender Firewall:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • thomasog
    Options

The firewall settings have been set up correctly to enable wireless video. As previously mentioned, I attempted casting with the firewall disabled entirely, but unfortunately, it didn't work.

I'm currently considering the option of wiping the hard drive and conducting a fresh installation of Windows. Before I proceed with this more drastic measure, I'd greatly appreciate any alternative solutions or suggestions from the community.

Thanks

• AlanCotrim
    AlanCotrim Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options

Hello, have you found the solution yet?

I also have a Predator Triton (PT316-51s) and have the exact same problem. Even after a lot of research and troubleshoot attempts, my notebook still can't succeed to connect to the TV. Also tried with 2 different TV's and the same problem continues to happen. I've tested other notebooks with Windows 11, and they can all cast on these TV's through Win+K perfectly as well. So the problem is really something to do with Predator Triton notebook.

To clarify even further: when trying to connect to the TV, sometimes this error message appears ("Unable to connect.") and sometimes the notebook screen blinks for a second (giving the illusion that it's going to work) and then nothing more happens and the TV just appears again as available to connect. I've been trying solution methods for more than a week by now, but still none has worked. It's very frustrating.

• thomasog
    Options

Hi AlanCotrim,

I'm facing the same issue with my laptop, encountering identical error messages and the frustrating screen blink.

Despite my best efforts, I haven't managed to find a solution yet. I posted the problem on the Microsoft forum, but unfortunately, no one there was able to offer any helpful advice.

My next course of action, albeit reluctantly, is to perform a complete restart of the laptop and reinstall Windows from scratch. I'll keep you posted on whether this resolves the issue or not.

If you happen to come across a solution in the meantime, I would greatly appreciate it if you could share it.

• AlanCotrim

Tinkerer

Options

Sad to hear that. It shouldn't be that hard to solve this issue. 🙁

Are you Brazilian? I've posted the problem on a similar discussion on the portuguese forum and got an advice to update my BIOS. Here is the link:

Unfortunately, this didn't work as well.

I also thought about restarting the notebook from scratch but I really don't want to go through all my windows personal configurations again just to try to fix this small (but annoying) problem and having the risk of not solving the problem either way.

If you speak portuguese, we can keep in touch on this post I mentioned from now on. Nonetheless, if I come across the real solution to this problem, I will remember to inform you.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Can you tell us the model of your wireless network card?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AlanCotrim

Tinkerer

Options

Hello, here it is.

They all seem to be with the latest driver updates. The wireless network adapter driver version is 22.180.0.4