Which 3D Ultra Games have the Best 3D Effects?

Options
FatherCreamy
FatherCreamy Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter

Based on the 3D effect alone: which games are Must Play, Good, or Skippable?

Answers

• FatherCreamy
    Options

Here's how I'd rank the games I've tried so far:

Great: A Plague Tale: Innocence; Abzu; Darksiders Genesis; Devil May Cry 5; F.I.S.T.: Forged in Shadow Torch; Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice; Little Nightmares II; Ni no Kuni Wrath of the White Witch; Octopath Traveler; Ori and the Will of the Wisps; Psychonauts 2; Remnant: From the Ashes; Shadow of the Tomb Raider; The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Good: Q.U.B.E. 2… this game has the most annoying ghosting out of all the games I've tried and is boring to look at, but otherwise it's okay

Skippable: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided… the 3D effect is okay, but the implementation is broken and annoying: The menu cursor is misaligned and acts like it still sees the 2 separate SBS images with 2 complete working sets of buttons, which makes it much harder to adjust settings, use items, or do quicktime events; you have to use the in-game settings to adjust the 3D effect instead of Ctrl + 1-4 or T; the gun's cursor doesn't line up accurately between both eyes.

• AngeloDark92
    AngeloDark92 Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
    Options

God of War and Kena look great too. I am going to try Devil May Cry 5, it's supposed to be 3d Ultra.

• FatherCreamy
    Options

A Juggler's Tale and SOULCALIBUR VI look great. I'm curious to try Tekken 7 after seeing how SOULCALIBUR VI can almost look like SpatialLabs Model Viewer.

Bramble: The Mountain King is bothersome. On top of the higher amounts of ghosting & wobbles due to the numerous dark scenes and foreground elements, the 3D effect isn't "set it once and be done." There are instances when examining an item up-close where the 2 images are very out-of-sync, but shifting the Pop Out effect 3-5 times brings them back into focus (ie. if you start at 100% Pop Out, shifting it back & forth between 101% and 100% a few times will bring the 2 images back into focus)… it's almost as if the cameras got stuck on something.

• Joyville
    Joyville Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

2 games that are blowing my mind in 3D ultra atm are SCORN and ATOMIC HEART! The only down side with the pair of them is that you can not use iron sights to shoot or the 3D effect goes strange but both are perfectly playable without doing that!

• FatherCreamy
    Options

I only played a little bit of each of these, but they all looked great: Bright Memory: Infinite, Days Gone, Fallout 4, Hi-Fi Rush, Kena: Bridge of Spirits, Minecraft Dungeons, Okami HD, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, and Stray.

Death's Door looks good, but the 3D effect feels muted due to the "flat" art direction. I also had problems with Death's Door crashing frequently while adjusting the depth & pop-out sliders, but I haven't had it crash otherwise.

• Slystral
    Slystral Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options

I've used the 3D Ultra effect on over half the games available, Octopath Traveler 2 has the best 3D effect, rivaled by no other. The blend of 2D and 3D makes the whole game look absolutely amazing in Ultra 3D