RPC MEANING/ what is this RPC service and why i am unable to use this application

Sudeep_d
Sudeep_d Member Posts: 1 New User
edited September 2023 in Aspire Laptops

what is this RPC service and why i am unable to use this application.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• @Sudeep_d

RPC stands for Remote Procedure Call, which is a protocol that is a mechanism that enables communication and interaction between different software components or systems, even if they are running on separate machines or distributed across a network.

Ensure your RPC services are running properly
    Press the Windows logo key and R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog. Then type “services.msc” and press Enter.
    On the Services window, scroll down to find the items DCOM Server Process Launcher, Remote Procedure Call (RPC) and RPC Endpoint Mapper. Ensure their status is Running and their startup is set to Automatic.

Open Device Manager (devmgmt.msc) and check if the following Realtek Audio Driver and Realtek Audio Software Components are installed. If the software components are not listed, uninstall the Realtek audio driver, reboot and clean install the audio driver.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,166 Trailblazer

Check in Windows Services if RPC is running and keep its Startup type as Automatic, which is the default setting. Check on RPC properties if the dependencies DCOM SPL and RPC Endpoint Mapper are running too.

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,146 Pathfinder

@Sudeep_d check if any startup program that is related to the audio service is disabled in the task manager. You might have accidentally disabled it causing the Acer Purified Voice console to stop working.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!