Acer Aspire 3 how to install 32 bit windows 10

Options
Rafal_89
Rafal_89 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited September 2023 in Aspire Laptops
Good morning, I bought an Acer Aspire 3 laptop with Windows 11. I installed Windows 10 64 bit. I need Windows 10 32 bit for some programs. Unfortunately, I get an error during installation and I can't deal with it. Any suggestions ?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,563 Trailblazer
    edited September 2023
    Options

1-Open Control Panel. Click Programs.

2- Click turn Windows features on and off.

3- Enable all 3 subfolders in the Internet Information Services folder so that Windows will automatically install the Internet Information Services Manager.

4-When complete, search Windows start menu for Internet Information Services Manager and click on it.

5-In the left pane, click on Application Pools in the dropdown.

6- Right click DefaultAppPool. Then click advanced settings.

7- Near the top of advanced settings, change Enable 32-bit applications from False to True.

32-bit programs should now install and run under Win64

Jack E/NJ

• Rafal_89
    Options

Thank you for your help. I will try and let you know. I hope the suggestion helps. I only have drivers available for the device for Windows 32 bits. why can't I change boot options from uefi to legacy? secure boot is disabled. I think that switching the function would solve the problem of installing a 32-bit system.

• JackE
    Options

why can't I change boot options from uefi to legacy?

The legacy BIOS compatibility support option is being phased out for most new Windows machines. Most 32-bit and even some older 16-bit apps/programs/games can be made to run just fine under Win64

Jack E/NJ

• Rafal_89
    Options

Unfortunately, the method provided does not work. the program itself works, but there are no drivers for the 64-bit version. How can I install Windows 10 32 bits on my laptop? during installation I have an error as in the picture

• JackE
    Options

the program itself works, but there are no drivers for the 64-bit version.

1-What devices are you trying to use under this 32-bit program?

2-Or what is the 32-bit program you're trying to run?

3-Does the program specifically indicate that 32-bit Win10 or Win11 device drivers are available? Not 32-bit Win7 nor Win8x nor WinVista nor WinXP.

Jack E/NJ

• Rafal_89
    Options

I cannot connect Renault Clip, which only works on the 32-bit version of the system. drivers do not work on the 64 bit version. Is there a way to install Windows 10 32 bit? there are drivers for this version of the system on the manufacturer's website

• JackE
    Options

Is there a way to install Windows 10 32 bit?

Yes but you must first delete the 64-bit installation so that unallocated drive space exists. The 32-bit installation media won't overwrite a bootable 64-bit version. Keep in mind, that max RAM is 4GB under 32-bit.

Jack E/NJ

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,801 Pathfinder
    Options

@Rafal_89 did you try to find a newer driver for Renaut CAN Clip?

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Rafal_89
    Options

ok, I'll write one by one. I deleted all data from the disk. there is no windows on it. when burning a disc or USB with Windows 10 32 bit, Acer does not see bootable Windows 10 32 bit. I can't get to the installation wizard. The installation is prepared by media creation tool windows. if I want to install Windows 10 64 bits, the problem does not occur. laptop installs windows. What is it about ? Why is the 32 bit version not visible to the laptop?

• JackE
    edited September 2023
    Options

Acer does not see bootable Windows 10 32 bit. > Why is the 32 bit version not visible to the laptop?

Yes, I've sometimes had this problem because the BIOS is looking for an specific EFI filename located within a specific folder and subfolder on the installation USB.

From the error message JPG that you posted, it might be looking for the filename winload.efi located in the folder \Windows\system32\boot\ winload.efi. Check to see if this winload.efi exists in this folder/subfolder on the 64-bit USB stick. Then check to see winload.efi or some other efi filename exists in the same or different folder/subfolder on the 32-bit stick. If different, you must change EFI filename and location on the 32-bit stick to be the same as on the 64-bit stick. Then the BIOS can find the winload.efi for the 32-bit version

Jack E/NJ