Acer Aspire 3 Slow Laptop What can I do to make it faster?

sarathsajan
sarathsajan Member Posts: 1 New User
edited September 2023 in Nitro Gaming

I use an Acer Aspire 3 with an Intel i3 processor and updating to Windows 11 it is too slow. What can I do to make it faster?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and add issue detail]

Best Answer

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,163 Trailblazer
    edited September 2023 Answer ✓

Check the speed of your memory in Task Manager Performance. You have 4GB onboard RAM and a slot to upgrade that may still be empty? If you install 1 x 4GB DDR4 2133MHz module in that slot it will increase RAM speed considerably. One caveat, it has to be the same module as the soldered DDR4, to find the part number, run CPU-Z and buy exactly the same module.

The other thing is if your model has a 2.5" Sata 1TB mechanical HDD installed, you should replace that for a much faster SSD like the Samsung 870 EVO 1TB V-NAND.

Finally, system maintenance: uninstall bloatware, AV programs (all you need is Defender) and 3rd party browsers. Apps that use a lot of resources can be prioritized in Windows11 (Task Manager, Processes, Efficiency mode option) and get rid of junk files with Storage Sense, click on the Temporary bin at the left bottom and delete old Windows Update files.

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,163 Trailblazer
    edited September 2023 Answer ✓

Check the speed of your memory in Task Manager Performance. You have 4GB onboard RAM and a slot to upgrade that may still be empty? If you install 1 x 4GB DDR4 2133MHz module in that slot it will increase RAM speed considerably. One caveat, it has to be the same module as the soldered DDR4, to find the part number, run CPU-Z and buy exactly the same module.

The other thing is if your model has a 2.5" Sata 1TB mechanical HDD installed, you should replace that for a much faster SSD like the Samsung 870 EVO 1TB V-NAND.

Finally, system maintenance: uninstall bloatware, AV programs (all you need is Defender) and 3rd party browsers. Apps that use a lot of resources can be prioritized in Windows11 (Task Manager, Processes, Efficiency mode option) and get rid of junk files with Storage Sense, click on the Temporary bin at the left bottom and delete old Windows Update files.