predator G3 710 PSU Upgrade advice what kind of power supply I would need to upgrade

Options
Yourpalkazza
Yourpalkazza Member Posts: 1 New User
edited September 2023 in Predator Desktops

so I have a predator, G3 710 and I just wanted to know what kind of power supply I would need to upgrade to because I bought an RX 6600 and I’m stuck at the boot screen so I’m looking at 750w power supplies but I just need to know what one might fit in my PC

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    Options

Your Predator G3-710 Desktop has an Acer fitted 500W PSU that should be adequate for the AMD Radeon RX-6600 GPU as this GPU has a recommended minimum PSU of 450W. it’s advisable that you have a 30% upper level of power for your PC which would mean that at recommended 450W for the gpu plus 30% the recommended total should be a PSU of 585W but a 600W PSU or even 650W PSU would be ideal for this desktop

G3-710 desktop oem PSU, check its if this PSU is suitable and has all the proper conections for your new gpu.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,941 Trailblazer
    Options

The form factor for your PSU is a standard ATX, with the 24 pin motherboard connector, so most third party supplies will work just fine.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.