Acer Aspire 3 is not turning on and there are no responses to anything that I press.

Siah
Siah Member Posts: 1 New User
edited September 2023 in Aspire Laptops

My acer aspire 3 is not turning on, but it charges and also the light in the power is lit, but there are no responses to anything that I press, I already tried every troubleshooting that I saw on youtube, even unplugged the ram, ssd, keyboard, battery, and other things that can be unplugged, I also tried to connect an external keyboard and monitor, but there are also no power. I also tried to reset the battery, but still the same. Please help, thank you. Is there anything else that I can try?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,656 Trailblazer

Did you try to boot with the battery disconnected and the CMOS reset and Power drain method?
    Open the back of the laptop and disconnect the battery cable from the motherboard, Close the back again and plug-in the adapter, try to boot without battery. If that works you need to replace the battery. If you still cannot boot, try a Hard Reset and Power Drain: Unplug the power adapter and open the back of the laptop again (battery should still be disconnected). Locate the CMOS module (with 2 twisted wires Red and Black) and remove the coin battery. With a bended paperclip shorten the +/- contacts inside the CMOS capsule for 2 seconds and put the coin battery back with the + sign facing up, close the CMOS capsule. Press the Power Button on the keyboard for 10-15 seconds and reconnect the battery cable to the motherboard. Close the laptop, plug-in the adapter and try to boot. If you still cannot boot, I recommend bringing the laptop to Acer Services in your country, include the power adapter.