Acer Aspire TC-865-UR14 PWM fan What Voltages my motherboard gives?

JPN
JPN Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited September 2023 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

Will this PWM fan work on my Acer Aspire TC-865-UR14?

https://www.moddiy.com/products/Delta-70mm-4300RPM-4-Pin-4-Wire-PWM-Fan.html

How bout the voltages? 5v12v? What Voltages my motherboard gives?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and add issue detail]

Best Answers

• themero
    themero Member Posts: 49 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

fans will be 12v , but that fan will sound like a jet engine if it runs at full speed , you want something around 2000 rpm .

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Sorry, no. Case fan specification is 12volts 92mm diameter. The HP fan that you posted is only 70mm.

Jack E/NJ

• themero
    Answer ✓

Yes that should work fine .

Answers

• themero
    Answer ✓

fans will be 12v , but that fan will sound like a jet engine if it runs at full speed , you want something around 2000 rpm .

• JackE
    Answer ✓

Sorry, no. Case fan specification is 12volts 92mm diameter. The HP fan that you posted is only 70mm.

Jack E/NJ

• JPN

Tinkerer

Will something like this work? For Acer Aspire TC-865-UR14? The back screws are 5 4.5. One is up and down close to each other. See picture

https://www.amazon.com/Noctua-NF-F12-iPPC-2000-PWM/dp/B00KFCR5BA

• themero
    Answer ✓

Yes that should work fine .

• JackE

Will something like this work? For Acer Aspire TC-865-UR14? The back
    screws are 5 4.5. One is up and down close to each other. See picture

Sorry, NO again! That is a 120mm diameter fan with a blade shroud too big for case openings. It would create ineffective backflow turbulence. As mentioned before, you need a 92mm fan like the Noctua nf-9A shown below with a shroud matching your case openings.

Jack E/NJ

• themero
    edited September 2023

I never noticed the size , sorry 😁

• JPN

Tinkerer

Hmm, choices choices, at least they aren't LED. One is black, the other one is not. But is on the back so no one see it. One doesn't have mount screws, the other does. One doesn't have additional cables, the other one had additional if you should need them, $28 or $18. Plus taxes. Hmm.

• JackE

You already have screws & anything other parts that you need from the old fan. This is a case fan replacement for a factory pre-build, not a custom-build.

Jack E/NJ

• JPN

Tinkerer

Nope, is just the mesh, with the holes. No fan, no screws. Needs all that. My sys didn't have an exhaust fan.

• JackE

For less the $10usd, you can get a desktop screw kit with hundreds of different size screws for any kind of add-on desktop component you can think of. Or you can spend $10 extra on the fan with just those needed. Seems like six of one choice. Or half-dozen of the other choice. You probably should be more concerned with the fan wires being long enough to reach their connector.

Jack E/NJ

• JPN

Tinkerer

After reading the questions of the Noctua fan, they say it does have screws. They should include that in the first place.

I will go for https://www.amazon.com/Noctua-NF-F12-iPPC-2000-PWM/dp/B00KFCR5BA

Unless is something better.

• JackE

Measure the diameter of the hole mesh before ordering a 120mm diameter fan blade and shroud. As mentioned earlier, the specs call for a 92mm diameter blade and shroud. If they exceed the diameter of the mesh, back flow turbulence will reduce airflow & efficiency.

Jack E/NJ