PH16-71-74UU Fn lock seems to be enabled by default, Please help me to switch it

Options
mrastickman
mrastickman Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited September 2023 in Predator Laptops

I just got my Helios 16, Fn lock seems to be enabled by default. I was hoping there was some way to switch this so I can use the volume or brightness keys ect. without having to hold down Fn.

Thank you,

[Edited the thread to add model name and issue detail]

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Options

Hi @mrastickman can you please indicate the exact model of the computer and the version of Windows installed?

On some computers, the option to permanently activate Fn appears in the BIOS, while waiting for my search for more information or more answers that may help your query, access the BIOS setup and check if the option appears. similar to:

Thank you.
    All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• mrastickman

Tinkerer

edited September 2023
    Options

Hi @Alejandro_AC,

I have a PH16-71-74UU running Windows 11, I have tried to boot into the BIOS to change that setting but I've only been able to boot into the Predator BIOS which does not seem to have it.

Thanks for the response,

• Alejandro_AC
    Options

True, I didn't remember, I don't have a Nitro team, sorry.
    Please wait for more answers that can tell if the Predator BIOS does not have the option or is in some inconspicuous place.

I found on the internet that there is an option called "Function key behavior" check if the option appears:

Thank you.
    All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

X (Twitter)

• mrastickman

Tinkerer

Options
  • Alejandro_AC
    Options

Wow, wait for more answers then, I'm sorry I haven't been of much help.

Thank you.
    All the best.

X (Twitter)

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,824 Trailblazer
    Options

Try pressing Fn + Esc buttons at the same time.

• mrastickman

Tinkerer

Options

Hello,

I have tried using FN+Esc, and many other button combinations, but they haven't worked.