Acer Am3400-E3552 case with different motherboard

stingray66
stingray66 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited September 2023 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

i have this acer 3400 but when i go into the bios it says product name Veriton M340. I want to get specs on this motherboard to see what maximum ram it can have and maybe drivers for windows 7 64 bit

Answers

• stingray66

Tinkerer

I have a Acer Aspire 5253 BZ492 with broken mount holes as the kids opened the laptop too far..I've looked at quite a few and they all look the same as mine and wonder if anyone knows what models could possibly match up with mine for the transfer...Tks
  • laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,201 Trailblazer
    Hello,
    You would need the bottom or/and the upper cover?
    Could you give me the first ten characters of the laptop serial number (S/N)?
    France
  • stingray66

Tinkerer

LXRD502016 and yes i need the cover and the base..almost bought an 5253 BZ549 but didn't know if the case fits mine
  • laurent_14
    edited November 2019
    Hello,
    Thanks. Here are the Acer part numbers:
    1. Aspire 5253-BZ492:
      60.RD502.001 - UPPER CASE ASSY BLACK (cover)
      60.R4F02.002 - LOWER CASE (base or bottom)
    2. Aspire 5253-BZ549:
      I didn't find this model. Could you give me the first ten characters of the serial number (S/N)?
    France
  • stingray66

Tinkerer

edited October 2019
    he didn't give me the part numbers like i asked so that's one of the reasons i didn't buy it...alot of people selling parts but no one can give me numbers off stickers and such..tks so much for the research you did though to get these numbers as now i got something to go by. :)
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,778 Trailblazer
    >>> broken mount holes>>>
    I'd be tempted to repair them with JBWeld 2-part epoxy from Lowes or HomeDepot. When cured, this epoxy accepts sheet & plastic metal mount screws very well. Probably stronger than the original case. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• stingray66

Tinkerer

yeah i thought of that but the metal socket where the screw sets in is ripped right out of the case and i tried superglue to hold them but just made the plastic screw hole just disintegrate. I'd have to use a small bolt and nut now...lol
  • JackE
    >>>the metal socket where the screw sets in is ripped right out of the case >>>

Well, then, you gotta JBWeld that metal socket right back where it belongs. Use a little extra to strengthen the case beforehand. I like to mix JBWeld on a cottage cheese or sour cream lid with a toothpick or small screwdriver. Then apply the dark gray putty on the affected area. Maybe smooth it a bit so it looks like almost a professional repair once set.   :)    Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• stingray66

Tinkerer

edited November 2019
    ok i will give it a try if i can't get a matching case..i was thinking all the 5253 BZ series would have the same case..if i could only get some info right from acer i could just buy any case as long as it's close to mine bz492
  • laurent_14
    edited November 2019
    I checked with another data base. The parts stated in my previous reply are common to both models (BZ492 and BZ549).
    France
  • stingray66

Tinkerer

Thanks for all your guys help...i went ahead and bought a new bottom piece and it fit like a glove...

• JackE
    Thanks for the report. Hope it didn't take almost two years to find one.  :)

Jack E/NJ