Problem with Predatorsense app in Helios 16 2023. Windows 11 My RGB light is not changing

Options
nb91
nb91 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited March 7 in Predator Laptops

Somebody has the same problem with the app (PredatorSense) as me. My RGB light is not changing and not responding. I updated the app DOESN'T HELP. I installed the old version DOESN'T HELP. I spoke with the support team THEY DON'T KNOW ANSWER.Each start on laptop is randomly switching RGB.
If someone has the same problem, what is the solution? My windows 11.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• patrick_johnson12
    patrick_johnson12 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited September 2023
    Options

It's frustrating when even updating or reinstalling the app doesn't resolve the problem. Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot and potentially fix the issue:

1. Update Windows and Drivers:
      Ensure that Windows 11 is fully updated, and all device drivers, especially those related to your laptop's lighting system and motherboard, are up-to-date. You can do this through Windows Update and Acer's official website.
    2. BIOS Update:
      Check if there is a BIOS update available for your laptop on Acer's support website. Sometimes, BIOS updates can resolve hardware-related issues.
    3. Check for Conflicting Software:
      Ensure there are no other third-party software or utilities running that might conflict with PredatorSense or control the RGB lighting. Sometimes, multiple software controlling the same hardware can lead to conflicts.
    4. PredatorSense Settings:
      Open the PredatorSense app and ensure that the RGB lighting settings are configured correctly. Try changing the lighting settings to see if they respond.
    5. Windows Services:
      Make sure that any required Windows services related to PredatorSense or your laptop's lighting system are running. You can do this by typing "services.msc" into the Windows search bar and checking for relevant services.
    6. Reinstallation in Safe Mode:
      Try uninstalling the PredatorSense app, reboot your laptop in Safe Mode, and then reinstall the app. Sometimes, third-party software interference can be minimized in Safe Mode.
    7. Compatibility Mode:
      Right-click on the PredatorSense executable file, select Properties, and go to the Compatibility tab. Try running the app in compatibility mode for an older version of Windows (e.g., Windows 10) and see if that helps.
    8. Check for Windows 11 Updates:
      Make sure Windows 11 itself is fully up-to-date, as Microsoft may release updates that address compatibility issues with certain software.
    9. Contact Acer Support Again:
      If none of the above steps work, it's worth contacting Acer support again and providing them with all the details of your issue. They may have a specific solution or be able to escalate your case to higher-level support.
    10. System Restore:
      As a last resort, you could perform a system restore to a point before you encountered this issue, assuming you have a restore point available. Be cautious with this option, as it will revert your system to a previous state.

Remember to back up your important data before attempting any significant system

• nb91

Tinkerer

Options

lol

Thank you for advise that was copy past from internet… but its not work like that. I try all safty options that I had.

your #7 is a 100% copy past. Because if you had experience you would know that app work only at Windows 8 as "compatibility mode".

#2 and #9 man…. try you first and than we talk ok:)

Thank you! But its not work like that.

• nb91

Tinkerer

Options

I find solution by alien3100bc

Install the program normally as you did before (I would suggest to run a clean uninstal with a 3rd party software like Revo Uninstaller too). Then update it normally through the Microsoft store (won't affect the issue/fix).
    Then, when the keyboard backlight goes off on Windows, go to Task Manager>Services. Find AcerLightingService and start it again. For some reason, windows keep killing this service.
    Your keyboard backlight should run like a charm :)

Thank you!

• nb91

Tinkerer

Options

lol

Thank you for advise that was copy past from internet… but its not work like that. I try all safty options that I had.

your #7 is a 100% copy past. Because if you had experience you would know that app work only at Windows 8 as "compatibility mode".

#2 and #9 man…. try you first and than we talk ok:)

Thank you! But its not work like that.

• NoneLikeGio
    NoneLikeGio Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

i found a fix for this

1. uninstall the predator sense app using control panel
    2. open nvidia control panel and put your device in optimus
    3. restart your device
    4. install the new predator sense app you downloaded on the offical acer support website
    5. DO NOT OPEN THE PREDATOR SENSE APP AS YET
    6. restart your laptop after installing the predator sense app
    7. enjoy, just note that when you are playing games or what ever you can switch your device to GPU only or automatic but ensure that when you are done that you put it back to optimus and make sure that if you are restarting your laptop or if you are putting it off ensure that its in optimus or else the app wont work properly on boot and you'll have to do all the step all over again also found this method out after hours of trying to fix this bug but acer needs to update this app asap its extremely frustrating.

• NoneLikeGio
    NoneLikeGio Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

hey, nevermind what i said above i found a permanent fix for this, firstly i uninstalled the predator sensor app and re installed it from the acer official site, i made sure that its the latest version after that i went into task manager and i did see that the acer lighting service does not turn on, and you gotta do it manually and i don't want to go to task manager all the time to turn it on after boot so what i did was i put the acer lighting service in startup apps, so that way it will automatically startup on boot and i don't need to enter task manager every time, Now you may want to know how did i put the lighting service in startup apps i got some screenshots bellow all you gotta do is copy the acer lighting service and paste it in the startup folder and it should also auto enable itself.

• ArshJordan
    ArshJordan Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Options

I dont see the "AcerLightingService" file in the folder what to do..I'm facing the same problem and the predator sense software is not responding or changing the preformance modes please help !

• ArshJordan

Tinkerer

Options

I cant change or see and thing in the software and it just stoped working itself what to do ?

• ArshJordan

Tinkerer

Options

its set on balance mode with the start up lighting running non stop and the scenario tab is non functioning no temps no fan speed noting is working help please !!!😭

• nb91

Tinkerer

Options

TY man! yes, its working!

But the main goal was not to find the keys to make it WORK, Its was that the company ACER itself would solve this issue. Put a new patch or fix any… but no one wants to do anything!

Big thanks to people like you NoneLikeGio that you find solutions outside of the service. God bless you man!

• nb91

Tinkerer

edited November 2023
    Options

what VPN do you use NoneLikeGio?

• nb91

Tinkerer

Options

Try to uninstall and instill it back. some of drivers not respond looks like.

• tuanvn88
    tuanvn88 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I struggled with this monster for 2 hours and found the cause.

Problem I encountered:

- Can't change keyboard backlight effect and stuck at wave effect.

How I fix it ?

Download Visual C++ Redistributable Runtimes All-in-One from here:

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/visual-c-redistributable-runtime-package-all-in-one/

I'm sure PredatorSense will work.

• christin09
    christin09 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    1. Uninstall the predator sense app using the setup file.
    2. Restart the device.
    3. Run the setup as administrator.
    4. After installation remove the charger and Restart the device on battery power.
    5. Plug in the charger and wait for the beep sound and start the predator sense app.

Hope this works for you all. It worked for me! The app is very buggy.

• BartBarfunkel
    BartBarfunkel Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I've been bashing my head against the wall with this problem since I've owned the PH16-71. Every time I boot my PC, Predator Sense would not start up properly and there weren't any Windows Services that I could stop/start/restart to get it working. I've tried reinstalling the newest version, rolling back to a previous version, and doing an SFC scan. Nothing posted online had resolved this issue and the only thing that would get it working is a restart of Windows.

But recently the only thing that seems to have resolved this on my end is turning off "Fast Startup" within the Power Settings in the Control Panel. It's been about a week now and starting up from a shutdown has Predator Sense working as intended each time. I'll update this if I find it is no longer working as intended, but I agree. ACER needs to push out an actual fix for this ASAP.

• Max_Stone
    Max_Stone Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    Options

Turning off "Fast Startup" fixed it for me too, thank you.

You don't need to reinstall if the PredatorSense app falls over. Just terminate & reset it in "add/remove" programs, and it will launch again correctly.

It's clearly a start-up issue, but glad I could find a fix. Startup hardly any slower (not even noticeable).

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 282
    Options

Open the PredatorSense app and ensure that the RGB lighting settings are configured correctly. Try changing the lighting settings to see if they respond. Windows Services: Make sure that any required Windows services related to PredatorSense or your laptop's lighting system are running.

• Max_Stone
    Max_Stone Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    Options

OK, please ignore my post 2 above. NONE of the suggested fixed work - BUT I HAVE FOUND THE PROBLEM.

If you set your Function keys to Media Keys in BIOS, PredatorSense does not work correctly at start up (buggy display, etc). BUT if you leave the BIOS at the factory default Function keys setting, PredatorSense works 100% at startup. So clearly a bug in the application that Acer needs to fix. My BIOS 1.13 and Win11 23H2.

So either you enjoy changing your volume etc without pressing Fn key plus the function key, but live with having to terminate/reset PredatorSense in add/remove programs after every boot, or you live with shifting the media buttons, and PredatorSense works. Taken me 2 evenings to figure this out…

• nb91

Tinkerer

Options

I will check. I don't know why ACER still not updated this app…

• Mukul_DK
    Mukul_DK Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hey there, i was facing the same problems with my acer predator neo 16,

1st after every start the predator sense app will not work by default and after starting it it will not show any readings …. which mean EVEN IF YOUR CPU OR GPU GET TOO HOT, FAN-SPEED WILL NOT CHANGE…

2nd some apps like acer care center service did not worked sometimes.

sniptool not taking screen recording

longer boot time, even while locking and unlocking it started loading

so i search on internet and found sfc /scannow command used it and it shows some corrupted files ,,, after trying a lot i solved it but other problems stayed ,,, I talked to service center but after houres of talk and providing access of my pc nothing change …

so i RESET the windows and everything started working again except sniptool , (just use any other app from Microsoft store and if you have any app that can record screen with high refresh rate please suggest me :) )

all this started when i enrolled in WINDOWS INSIDER PROGRAM after reinstalling today i again get update i installed it and all the problems started again …. so i did this

settings> windows update > advanced options>recovery

hear i got an option at 3rd number to install older version …and i did that.

now everything is working fine …. but that update again downloaded automaticly 🤣 and started installing …..

its still installing right now … i will share the ss … now i thing next time i turn on my lapy i have to face all those problems …. so i will find the way to stop automatic update ….

i hope you get the idea of the real culprit…

right now everything is working after update i will again post hear .

==========================================================

after installation i restarted laptop 2-3 times and good news the problem is gone, good thing is i recently left the INSIDER PROGRAM and the update i got must be different from the faulty one i think.