How to recover corrupted BIOS? - Nitro AN515-54

aqilaadd
aqilaadd Member Posts: 4 New User
edited September 2023 in Nitro Gaming

Hi, 
Yesterday While I was updating drivers through device manager I updated the firmware. Firmware update was not successful.  BIOS corrupted. Blank Screen.
Please help me to recover the BIOS.
Nitro AN515-54Model Name: AN515-54|Part Number: NH.Q5BSG.02A

Thanks in Advance.

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,850 Trailblazer
    edited September 2023

When you reset CMOS you also reset BIOS to factory defaults (but this will not clear a BIOS supervisor password): Disconnect all devices from the laptop and open the back. Disconnect the battery cable from the main board and remove the battery, locate the round CMOS capsule under the battery (see picture with the 2 twisted Red and Black wires). Take the coin battery out of the capsule

and shorten the +/- contacts inside the CMOS capsule with a bended paperclip for 2 seconds, this will reset BIOS. Replace the coin battery with the + sign facing up and close the CMOS capsule. Replace the battery and reconnect the battery cable to the main board. Close the back of the laptop, plug-in the adapter and try to boot.

• aqilaadd

Im going try this later to see if this worked or not.

• aqilaadd

Tried it and still not working.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,454 Trailblazer
    edited September 2023

What firmware did you update? YOU NEVER EVER update a firmware that is not from the AN515-54 official Drivers & Manuals that Acer released! As the Nitro AN515-54 does NOT have a GPU firmware update from Acer, and if you updated a GPU firmware from another source, then that is why your laptop is bricked,

Try to clear the CMOS jumper the offical way for this laptop, see PDF guide below. As there is a pin that this laptop has and that is the way to clear the CMOS. If this method doesn't work then you need to get a technician to reprogram the bios with a BIOS - CH341A Programmer Tool and Software or if you did more damage to the bios chip, than the bios chip will have to be changed. These are the only options that you have to get your laptop working. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

• aqilaadd

"YOU NEVER EVER update a firmware that is not from the AN515-54 official Drivers & Manuals that Acer released!" Actually, the BIOS firmware that i downloaded is the just looking up a model using a SNID. it was a correct model.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,850 Trailblazer

I recommend bringing the laptop to Acer Services in your country to reset the system to factory defaults, a small service fee will be charged, in the Philippines $25.