acer veriton x2670g with normal psu, Is there something more to the original acer psu that I should

pajis
pajis Member Posts: 3 New User
edited September 2023 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

Hi, id like to convert my veriton to casual pc with atx case and psu, i've measured that the 6 pin has 2x +12V (white), 2x GND (black), 1x PSU ON (green) and one unused pin. So i took these pins from the 24pin cable from the normal psu and made a 6 pin connector just like that. The pc is working just fine but when is turned off the psu acts like it wants to turn on, the fan is like jumping forward and it's making the startup sound but it never actually does a full startup. Is there something more to the original acer psu that i should know?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

You have to supply the Power Off ,from the switch to the new PSU.

I've seen it, posted but I can't find it.

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
  • pajis

Thank you for the response but i have the 6pin and i think it should be just the green pin telling the psu when to turn on (when connected to gnd the psu turns on) so the mb is glitching in some way or i don't know. I've checked many diagrams and it should be ok this way…

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

Acer does something odd with their connector. Spec says there should be a PS_On wire and a associated GND, but on a lot of models the GND isn't connected.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • pajis

Seems it's not the case in this mb, the unused pin is really unused, i tried to put gnd here and also the grey one which is pwr ok and some adapters use it here but the psu is still acting same. I was a little confused on the 'associated gnd' the whole 24pin connector has one common ground right? So it doesn't matter which one i'll take.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

The return ground for the PS_On is pin 4 on the diagram. I don't know if it's actually tied into the ground plane or tied into a chip that references the ground plane…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • themero
    themero Member Posts: 49 Devotee WiFi Icon

there could well be something in the factory psu that detects a second on signal as a message to turn the psu off after system shutdown , which would probably just confuse a normal psu . As simple as that psu is it just makes things more complicated lol