Sleep Mode not working properly in Helios 300 PH-315-51-73sr

Options
ankkol2011
ankkol2011 Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited September 2023 in Predator Laptops

#Helios300 #helios #miscellaneous #sleepmode
Hi guys, hope u all doing fine.

Actually I have an issue from quite sometime now and it's becoming irritating day by day.
My Sleep mode option doesn't work properly.
So whenever I press the sleep option for the first time, my system goes to sleep mode normally and on pressing any it wakes up normally.
But the second time I press the Sleep option it does not goes to sleep only the screen goes black but the laptop remains active (blue light indicator is on).
And then no matter what I press the laptop does't wakeup and then the only option left is to do forcefull shutdown and then bootup.
I thought that it's an OS issue, but I recently formatted with windows 10 and it's totally UpToDate but still the problem is same.

Now although it's small issue but every time I don't want my pc to awake and if I lock my screen the whole battery eventually dies down and yes I don't continuously put my laptop on chrage.

Do watch the video for more clarity on the issue.

Any help from anyone reading this post would be appreciated.

Model PH315-51-73sr (2018 model)
GTX 1050Ti
processor -i7 (8thGen)

Thank you for reading the post.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Best Answer

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,448 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Modern-standby (S3) is complex, involves Power Plan settings, the way lid actions are set, BIOS and vendors custom made power plans and apps (Fn keys, ACC, QA). What probably happened is a registry key got conflicting values when you changed a Power Setting. The laptop goes in hibernate mode or just turns off the screen instead of sleep mode. Note that plugging and unplugging will also wake the laptop from sleep mode. I noticed you are using the Power Button for shutting down, not recommended will corrupt system files. The way to shutdown is with your mouse clicking on Start on the taskbar and Power menu-Shutdown.

I recommend that you reset your Power Plan, set "Sleep" mode for closing the lid and set "Do nothing" for opening the lid. Disable Hibernate mode and Fast Startup and don't use the F1 (Zzzz) key or the key you used in your video but close the lid for sleep mode and press any key to wake. Also check in BIOS if Close the lid and S0-S3 are enabled. Try that for a while.

Answers

• Puraw
    Answer ✓
    Options

Modern-standby (S3) is complex, involves Power Plan settings, the way lid actions are set, BIOS and vendors custom made power plans and apps (Fn keys, ACC, QA). What probably happened is a registry key got conflicting values when you changed a Power Setting. The laptop goes in hibernate mode or just turns off the screen instead of sleep mode. Note that plugging and unplugging will also wake the laptop from sleep mode. I noticed you are using the Power Button for shutting down, not recommended will corrupt system files. The way to shutdown is with your mouse clicking on Start on the taskbar and Power menu-Shutdown.

I recommend that you reset your Power Plan, set "Sleep" mode for closing the lid and set "Do nothing" for opening the lid. Disable Hibernate mode and Fast Startup and don't use the F1 (Zzzz) key or the key you used in your video but close the lid for sleep mode and press any key to wake. Also check in BIOS if Close the lid and S0-S3 are enabled. Try that for a while.

• ankkol2011
    edited September 2023
    Options

Thank you for the quick response

• ankkol2011
    Options

Thankyou for the Quick and comprehensive response really appreciate it.

Anyways, I think like stupid , the simple solution was
    to go to Advance settings and click "restore all settings to default".

The reason I face this issue is almost a year back I become obsessive with optimization and power saving and did many changes after watching YT videos without knowing the consequence.
    As a result this sleepmode issue came.

I'm living with this issue for around 6months now, and even formatted my computer but the issue remained.

But now only after listening to your solution tried to restore to default and vola!! it got back to normal..

It's feel like a itch got removed which was bugging me for quite a long time.
    Thank you again.
    For people like you this community is thriving..👍

• Puraw
    Options

Nice to hear that you got it solved, thanks for the kind comments. 😊