SA5-271 CMOS battery-where?

Options
86er
86er Member Posts: 7 New User

Haven't found it, so I'm assuming it's on the screen side of the mother board. Looks difficult to remove. Any hints or is there an online video somewhere?

Best Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,065 Trailblazer
    edited September 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

The Switch Alpha or how Acer calls it on its SG the Aspire SA5-271 hasn't got an RTC/BIOS battery, its bios chip is soldered onto the mainboard, so whenever you disconnect its main battery, it resets the bios chip.

As you can see below the mainboard has no provisions for a bios battery on the front or rear of the mainboard.

Front

Rear

• 86er
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks, StevenGen, for your quick answer. Unfortunately I was hoping that resetting the battery might help solve the problem from my previous post — unable to turn on after battery replacement.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,065 Trailblazer
    edited September 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

The Switch Alpha or how Acer calls it on its SG the Aspire SA5-271 hasn't got an RTC/BIOS battery, its bios chip is soldered onto the mainboard, so whenever you disconnect its main battery, it resets the bios chip.

As you can see below the mainboard has no provisions for a bios battery on the front or rear of the mainboard.

Front

Rear

• 86er
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks, StevenGen, for your quick answer. Unfortunately I was hoping that resetting the battery might help solve the problem from my previous post — unable to turn on after battery replacement.