Battery charge limit does not work

jinada14
jinada14 Member Posts: 1 New User

So i already turn on the battery charge limit to 80% in acer care center, but my laptop still can overcharged 80% to 100%. does anyone know why this is?

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,834 Trailblazer
    edited September 2023

I recommend that you don't use ACC, the battery limit option has been disabled by Acer or is no longer present in the latest ACC versions. You don't need Acer Care Center as all options are available in Windows. ACC permanently runs at the background using valuable resources for nothing. The updating app interferes with Windows updater WAU and ACC notoriously hangs. I would uninstall ACC completely, If you need it later to restore your system to Acer factory defaults you can download and reinstall ACC at any time. A note on battery limiting bloatware and why you should not try to limit battery charging in Windows10-11. The theory is anecdotal not properly tested and is generally considered a myth, limiting charging of the Li-Ion battery interferes with BIOS and MS ACPI battery protocol, that can cause power/restarting issues. It is perfectly safe to leave your power adapter plugged-in 24/7, won't increase battery wear. Google this topic to learn more but ignore all the internet hype.