What settings are needed in order to support dual DP cable overclocked mode for CG437KP

Options
flayman
flayman Member Posts: 5 New User

Dear Acer and community,

I have a Predator CG437KP monitor that I bought second hand. I was hoping to get the overclocked 4K 144 Hz mode working with the dual DisplayPort cable setup, but I only have a black screen. It's exactly the same as the problem described here.

It seems this stopped working at some point with NIVIDIA driver updates. There must be some driver setting in the registry that is no longer being provisioned correctly. I can't find anything on this and I'm a bit distraught.

As I said on that other report, I managed to get it working briefly. No idea what I did, but I can't get it back. Can anyone help with registry settings?

Best Answer

• flayman
    Answer ✓
    Options

I've solved my own problem. It's not that there are any settings needed for the graphics card. It's just that I had AdaptiveSync turned on in the OSD. Overclocked mode doesn't support Gsync, and I knew this, but I thought it would be ignored. And somehow I did get it working a couple times briefly in spite of this.

I suspect what happens when AdaptiveSync is turned on and the two signals are combined is that the variable frame rate of each signal differs, which is why the screen struggles to lock onto the refresh rate.

Answers

• flayman
    Answer ✓
    Options

I've solved my own problem. It's not that there are any settings needed for the graphics card. It's just that I had AdaptiveSync turned on in the OSD. Overclocked mode doesn't support Gsync, and I knew this, but I thought it would be ignored. And somehow I did get it working a couple times briefly in spite of this.

I suspect what happens when AdaptiveSync is turned on and the two signals are combined is that the variable frame rate of each signal differs, which is why the screen struggles to lock onto the refresh rate.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

That certainly makes sense…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.