CG437k P Screen goes black with 2 Display cables connected

Options
Grekerr
Grekerr Member Posts: 2 New User
It have been fine for a long time, then today I was updating my NVIDIA Driver and soon as the driver hit in, screen goes black, I try everything but nothing worked before I tok away one cable.

Never had a problem with this before, anyone know what it could be or how to fix it?

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,986 Trailblazer
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Grekerr said:
    It have been fine for a long time, then today I was updating my NVIDIA Driver and soon as the driver hit in, screen goes black, I try everything but nothing worked before I tok away one cable.

Never had a problem with this before, anyone know what it could be or how to fix it?
    What PC are you using this CG437k P monitor with? If you are using this monitor with a laptop then use the laptops screen to roll back the NVIDIA driver to the last driver that worked and see if that solves the problem? As all new NVIDIA drivers software have an uninstall feature of the old NVIDIA driver that you should have used, as the old driver must be conflicting with the news driver and giving you this problem. Another way to clean out all the old graphics drivers for NVIDIA and AMD graphics and audio If you can get any monitor to work, is to install the Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 18.0.5.2 and uninstall the old NVIDIA driver and then install the new NVIDIA drivers, try that and see if that works also.
  • Grekerr
    Grekerr Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    StevenGen said:
    What PC are you using this CG437k P monitor with? If you are using this monitor with a laptop then use the laptops screen to roll back the NVIDIA driver to the last driver that worked and see if that solves the problem? As all new NVIDIA drivers software have an uninstall feature of the old NVIDIA driver that you should have used, as the old driver must be conflicting with the news driver and giving you this problem. Another way to clean out all the old graphics drivers for NVIDIA and AMD graphics and audio If you can get any monitor to work, is to install the Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 18.0.5.2 and uninstall the old NVIDIA driver and then install the new NVIDIA drivers, try that and see if that works also.
    Hello and thank  you for answer

I am using
    ASUS GeForce RTX3080TI TUF GAMING OC
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X Prosessor
    WD SN850 1TB M.2 SSD
    Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3600MHz 32GB
    Win11

I reinstalled a week ago, played some games before I installed the NVIDIA driver. 
    Everything worked before, and everything worked with the driver windows installed. Then I downloaded Experience and the new NVIDIA driver. Now I can only use one cable
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    Likely there is a setting in NVIDIA needed to enable dual DP out and the new driver set it back to the defaults.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • flayman
    flayman Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

I have the same issue with a monitor I've just bought second hand. Naturally, I'm on the latest GeForce driver. Has anyone confirmed whether there is a setting to enable dual DP? Can anyone say which was the last driver version that worked without changing any settings?

• flayman
    flayman Member Posts: 5 New User
    edited September 2023
    Options

I had it working briefly through some magical incantation that I'm unable to repeat. I connected a second monitor so that I could look at what was going on when this one was not getting a usable video signal. I followed the advice above and completely removed everything NVIDIA and then installed the Windows distributed driver for the card. This driver also failed to work with the overclocked mode.

While in this setup, I then installed GeForce Experience and the latest driver again. Somehow while doing this with the CG437KP wigging out, it ended up getting the refresh right. And that was still working after a restart. But it only worked while the second monitor was plugged in. As soon as I removed the second monitor, it stopped working. This must be due to changing hardware profiles or something like that. Unfortunately I managed to destroy the setup that was working and I'm unable to get it back. I wish I knew what settings were created when it worked.