Will the rgb keyboard on phn16 71 works on window 11 pro ?

Options
flooopa
flooopa Member Posts: 1 New User

Will switching from the OEM OS (win11 home) to another ( in this case, win11 pro) mess up the predator sense and rgb keyboard? Im not sure bc phn16 71 is quite a new laptop.

When i bought the laptop, i did a clean OS reinstall and used the default key to get to the win11 pro and then used script to digitally activate it. After that i had to download all the app again, and i noticed that the predator sense and the rgb keyboard were just broken( the lights stayed at blue, i cannot use predator sense to change it, the color pad were set at auto in all lighting modes). The customer service said that i need to stay with the OEM OS. As a result, they get my laptop back to the OEM with working rgb light.

It has been a few months since that accident. With some of the new update on predator sense, will it work if i use the default key to move to win11pro ?

Thanks

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,980 Trailblazer
    edited September 2023
    Options

The Predator Sense has been a problematic software for allot of users including the Nitro Sense that I'm using on my Nitro laptop, but I've never ever had any problems with NS on my laptop, I've got a Nitro 5 AN515-56 that came pre-installed with Win-10 Home out of the box and I did a clean installation to Win-11 Home without any problems of the reinstallation of NS or ACC not working and/or not having its full features after the upgrade to Win-11 Home, so I don't know why some Predator and Nitro laptops refuse to install these softwares from Acer after a clean install of an OS.

There are NO programming differences between the Microsoft Win-11 Home or Pro and the Acer Win-11 Home or Pro that Acer uses as its oem OSs, Acer do not specifically code their OS to work with their proprietary software's like PS, NS or ACC, I don't know what the problems are with these software's, but in my experience I've had no problems with my Nitro Sense or Acer Care Centre working on laptops that I've reinstalled their OSs to the Microsoft version from the Acer version.

The only difference between Win-11 Home and Pro version (there are allot of articles on this also, so read them too) but basically the Pro is more useful to be put to use in business, government or anywhere security is paramount. as it has this additional feature of the "Windows Information Protection - A system for remotely managing and safeguarding systems and software against attack and prevent data leaks". Also, the Predator PHN16-71 has a new released Predator Sense Version 4.1.635 from 6th September 2023, so try this version out with the Wiin-11 Pro and see if it works, if it doesn't work, then you can't do anything about your upgrade and you will have to just use Pro with whatever Acer PS or ACC works with. Good luck.