Black screen issue Predator Triton 500 se PT516-51s-70TP

Options
JayD123
JayD123 Member Posts: 4 New User

Woke up one morning to a message that said "No bootable devices detected" and once I restarted my machine the fans, keyboard lights, and turbo all come on but with no display. I tried to use an external monitor, power cycle the machine, or get to a bios screen but none were successful. I believe I need to reflash the bios however I know this process is tricky for acer products so I was wondering if anyone had the correct files to do this. The problem is almost identical to this thread but with a slightly different model.

Best Answer

• JayD123
    Answer ✓
    Options

This is a final comment for this thread as I have fixed the problem and just wanted to leave the solution in case someone else has the same thing happen. I simply removed and replaced the ssd, reinstalled windows via usb and it booted correctly. If you did need to flash the bios, which I tried so it may or may not have effected the outcome, download the bios exe from acer based on your snid, right click the exe and extract with something like winrar and locate the .bin file. Put that file in a hex editor and control f the term ".fd" and simply rename the .bin file the characters before it with the dots removed ex: F.3.1.z..fd becomes F31z.fd.

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,437 Trailblazer
    Options

I recommend bringing your laptop to Acer Services in your country as the "No bootable Device" prompt indicates that Windows boot manager is missing on your boot drive (or corrupted) and to try and fix the bootloader yourself is complicated. The boot drive may also be bad.

• JayD123
    Options

@Puraw Unfortunately my warranty is out by a few months so according to acer it would cost 1,000 dollars to bring it in which is ridiculously high and in the range of a new laptop anyway. I'm wondering if there is a way to get the fd file and not the executable that acer provides for their bios updates.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,437 Trailblazer
    Options

Resetting the system of new laptop by Acer Services does not cost more than $25 in the Philippines. I think you should e-mail Acer Services and explain your problem rather than flashing BIOS with a USB drive. IMO the problem is with your boot drive not BIOS.

• JayD123
    edited September 2023
    Options

The computer is about two years old and no longer covered by the companies warranty. They have made it clear that if I want them to service the device it will be very expensive and they will make me buy additional warranty. I would greatly appreciate at home solutions please. @Puraw

• JayD123
    Answer ✓
    Options

This is a final comment for this thread as I have fixed the problem and just wanted to leave the solution in case someone else has the same thing happen. I simply removed and replaced the ssd, reinstalled windows via usb and it booted correctly. If you did need to flash the bios, which I tried so it may or may not have effected the outcome, download the bios exe from acer based on your snid, right click the exe and extract with something like winrar and locate the .bin file. Put that file in a hex editor and control f the term ".fd" and simply rename the .bin file the characters before it with the dots removed ex: F.3.1.z..fd becomes F31z.fd.