Lost BIOS password on ACER swift 3 SF314-41 can i reinstall Windows 10?

trisboul
trisboul Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 2023 in Swift and Spin Series

Hi,

I want to reinstall Windows 10 on my laptop but I lost my BIOS Laptop Model: ACER Swift 3 SF314-41

So the problem is that I can't go into the bios to reinstall windows normally by selecting the usb device in first boot.

Can launch a Windows 10 bootable USD key and erase all my partitions for creating new ones?

Without risking being locked out afterwards?

When
I plug in the bootable key Windows does not launch, and I arrive at the
page choose an option if I do > use a device > USB EFI device >
it restarts and starts the installation:

Is it gonna work?

When
I tried to go into the BIOS settings to change the boot order, it asked
me for a password. I hadn't set any passwords. After doing 3 random
tries, it entered a dialog box saying “Enter unlock password (Key:
<10-digit key>).

I tried backdoor passwords from bios-pw.org and The code is the same for both websites and it doesn't work. https://www.biosbug.com/acer-10-digit/

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,973 Trailblazer
    edited September 2023

In Bios you won't be able to move your USB drive to the top of the Boot Devices list as that will probably prompt for the BIOS supervisor password. If Windows is still working you can Reset this PC without losing your files or if you cannot boot to Windows try pressing Alt+F10 when you see the Acer logo, that will open the WindowsRe (blue) Troubleshoot menu with system restore options. If you want to reset BIOS to factory defaults and install OEM Windows10, bring your laptop to Acer Services in your country, there will be small service charge, in the Philippines $25.

I recommend that you have BIOS reset and clear the password at Acer Services as a regular computer shop cannot do that. BIOS is stored on the EEPROM and not on your boot drive so reformatting the boot drive will not affect BIOS. Sooner or later, you will need BIOS to upgrade storage or enabling a new device and you need the password for that.

• Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 697 Moderator

Dear Community users,

Unfortunately, we do not allow/provide direct support or discuss any steps on unlocking BIOS passwords or bypassing of security features. (Please check/ review our Acer Community User Agreement)

We recommend contacting your local Acer support for better assistance.

Note: We will be closing this thread.

Thanks,
    Acer-Samuel

This discussion has been closed.