acer helios PH315 53 75N8: Ghosting on my screen - its like an motion blur that cant be disabled

Options
ViniciusAlbquerque
ViniciusAlbquerque Member Posts: 7 New User
edited September 2023 in Predator Laptops

Hi, i have an acer helios 300 ph315 53 75N8 and i'm having alot of ghosting on my screen (its like an motion blur that cant be disabled, it happens with anything in movement on the screen). I already enabled LCD overdrive, but Nottingham changed. I read that this problem can be fixed by changing the response time of the screen, but i don't know how to do it. Can someone help me?

[Title edited to add the model of the product and issue description]

Answers

• Simonics
    Simonics Member Posts: 77 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    edited September 2023
    Options

I don't have your laptop, but I found a series of updates across my laptop fixed a number of issues I had, including strange graphics behaviour and intermittent black screen issues.

Just a couple of basic things you probably already checked - Frame rate settings, memory use, sometimes using G-SYNC or AMD equivalent can give strange results, graphics drivers are a big one, is the firmware up to date on SSD, is BIOS up to date, is LCD Overdrive and any gaming utility + GPU software up to date, is OS up to date, temps of CPU, GPU, SSD, performance + benchmarks of CPU, GPU, SSD, RAM? Is your CPU restricted in power settings, or does it need restricting if it is getting too hot? How full is your system Drive?

Other thoughts…..

Are there any warning symbols in Device Manager?

Are your games too intensive for your hardware?

Do you have a gaming utility that allows you to shut off unnecessary computer services, etc?

Are there internet issues that affect streaming, especially at peak times.

Do you get the same issues on ethernet?

The hot weather can also affect performance. How hot is your laptop underneath, and adapter to touch?

A desk fan can help.

Hope this helps.

• Simonics
    Simonics Member Posts: 77 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

Forgot to say - delete image caches for browser, and contents of temp folders, eg TEMP, %TEMP%, PREFETCH.

Also check browsers up to date