USB-C Port issues on Aspire AV15-52

PJ_Cruz
PJ_Cruz Member Posts: 2 New User

I recently switched to an Aspire and I have a FOPO screen extender setup for work, which connects through multiple cords/ports. The left hand screen on my extender was working fine until about two weeks ago, when it just stopped receiving signal. I thought the cable had gone wrong, but I bought another one, and I get the same issue as before, power but "No Signal." It is not the screen, since if I use cords with the other ports, it works just fine. Since it doesn't seem to be the screen or the cord, I checked and updated all my software drivers, have reset my laptop multiple times, and I am still getting the same message. So at this point I believe I need to have the USB-C port either repaired or just replaced. I am open to suggestions for alternatives but I think I have run through them all at this point.

Thanks for any input!

Answers

• Try to reset the battery with the provided underside pin as that is a soft reset or do a hard reset by taking the main battery out and disconnecting the bios battery and then shortening the mainboard bios plug +&- pins and take the ram out, leave all comonents disconnected for 15min and reconnect and try the FOPO connection again, as USB ports dont go bad just like that. Also its easy to check the USB port if its working with a multimeter.

Also, have you got the FOPO connected properly, the Aspire AV15-52 has only 1x TBT4 USB-C port that extracts image and the other port you need to use is the HDMI port. This is important, as each display is not only separately plugged into the laptop, they are also separately powered. The Aspire AV15-52 USB ports and HDMI specs are as follows. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

• PJ_Cruz
    PJ_Cruz Member Posts: 2 New User

I will try the battery reset, thank you! I was aware of the different ports/cords needed, the extender has been working for a while on this laptop, and I used it on a different brand of laptop before this one. I did also test out the different ports on the screen as well I'll give that a shot. Thanks!