i cant find the windows installation drivers for Acer Aspire 1 (A114-32)

typerlogo
typerlogo Member Posts: 2 New User

I had a problem with my laptop Acer Aspire 1 (A114-32) hard disk, Wich randomly died, as following I had the "no bootable device" problem some months ago. I think my laptop can still run windows, so I made a boot USB with windows 11, I activated it on my computer and it worked,i used the usb as hard drive. so i have proceed to install windows 11 but it cant find drivers to finish the installation. i searched everywhere on the internet and all the drivers i tried didnt work. so if someone has those drivers to download plese help me! (even on the acer website in the drivers and manal page i cant find any that works.)(if its needed i can share a video/picture of what it looks like on my laptop) Thanks so much :)

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,939 Trailblazer

Your laptop model is Window11 compatible, just download Intel IO Drivers: Serial IO Driver first from Acer Support:
    https://www.acer.com/us-en/support/product-support/Aspire%20A114-32/downloads?suggest=A114-32;1 Acer Support W10 drivers will run in W11 too, get the latest BIOS version 1.24. Maybe there is an issue with the ISO image on your USB drive, follow these instructions:
    https://www.elevenforum.com/t/clean-install-windows-11.99/

• What are the drivers that you are missing, show us Device Manager of your Win-11 missing drivers. The A114-32 laptop drivers have NOT been updated by Acer to be compatible with Win-11, so there are no divers available for Win-11, stick to Win-10 as that is what Acer has full support for.

• typerlogo
    typerlogo Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks Puraw, for replying, i tried downloading the IO Drivers from Acer Support on my main computer, i extracted and put it on a folder in the boot usb. It still could find the drivers to install Windows 11, then i tried another method that microsoft support has sent me, i had to type those command in cmd:

1. sfc /scannow
    2. chkdsk C: /f
    3. bootrec /fixmbr
    4. bootrec /fixboot
    5. bootrec /scanos
    6. bootrec /rebuildbcd

Then exit the Command Prompt and unplug the USB device to restart.

So i did and it can't find the drivers, do i need to get the last version of BIOS (1.24)?

Or is there an issue with the ISO?

Thanks so much, cami

• Hello! Can you send a picture of the bios info tab? The ssd has to appear in that tab.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • The ssd is not showing up here:

I advise to disconnect the lithium battery, disconnect the ssd and then reconnect the ssd and lastly, reconnect the lithium battery:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Your model may have come with an emmc instead of an ssd:

It looks like the emmc failed:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Have you checked if your model has a slot to add an m2 2280 ssd? Reply here.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer