Aspire XC830-UA91 is upgradeable to 16gb memory

karl0755
karl0755 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 2023 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

This desktop or "lapdesk" is upgradable from 8gb RAM memory. Before upgrading, be sure to check that the motherboard does have 2 sticks of "removable" SODIMMS 4gb memory. If one or both 4gb sticks are "soldered" to motherboard - memory is not upgradeable - UW91 Walmart version may be RAM may be soldered to motherboard. I installed 16gb RAM upgrade(2X8GB) kit - DDR4-2666 SODIMM in this desktop. Rebooted machine and it is working perfectly.

Answers

• karl0755
    karl0755 Member Posts: 2 New User

I have Aspire XC830-UA91 - Amazon version with 8gb RAM. The UW91 is the Walmart version comes with only 4gb Ram. There are versions based on retailer that sells this model….

The important issue before getting a RAM upgrade, is to open the case and look on the motherboard first. Some versions may have soldered, non-removable RAM onboard; If both RAM slots contain removable RAM modules - the XC830 you have is upgradable - 16gb RAM is just right for me. Windows 12 when it comes out will have new minimum RAM requirement of 8gb; I am future proofing my Aspire XC830. And it would be best to upgrade machine in pairs - either replacing and filling both slots - don't mix the RAM type or brand.