I'm trying to disable the start up beep in Acer Aspire C24

Options
Airbus12345
Airbus12345 Member Posts: 39 Troubleshooter
edited September 2023 in All-In-One PCs

I have a Acer Aspire C24 all in one computer.

I'm trying to disable the start up beep. I've gone to the BIOS and cannot find an option to turn this beep off? Any ideas please?

Thank You

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

I don't believe it is possible.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Airbus12345
    Options

Thank you for the reply.

That seems odd you can't disable the beep which is pretty annoying, is this just an

ACER thing then?

Any other ideas please if it can be disabled?

Thanks

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

There are two possibilities, there's usually a beep when the BIOS finishes POST and that's done at the motherboard level and can't be removed, then there's a beep when Windows is initialized and that one can be bypassed in Windows settings. I hear the beep for every machine I have but I haven't really felt it was a problem…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Airbus12345
    Options

Thanks for the reply. I'm use to the beep now.

I've just posted another issue I have.

I now have an issue with my mouse, could you please see if you can help me with this?

Thank You

• Airbus12345
    Options

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not that confident about changing the registry unless it's an easy command?

All my sound settings are at mute as well

• errtee
    errtee Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited November 2023
    Options

Is there really no way to disable that irritating beep on startup (C24)?
    When I start working in the morning this noise is going to wake up the family in the rooms nearby …

I don't think it's something normal or necessary - this is my first personal computer system (Server systems excluded) that beeps for nothing.
    If I had known that before …

Thank You,
    errtee

• Airbus12345
    Options

I totally agree with the last comment. How ridiculous you cannot disable this annoying beep easily!

My other Dell and HP desktops don't have this silly feature……Please ACER look into a feature so customers can delete this start up noise!