how to fix laptop error not recognizing sound driver file, after I installed win 10

Options
HuynhTanLinh
HuynhTanLinh Member Posts: 2 New User

WIn 10 :)))))

Answers

• Emma_
    Emma_ Moderator, Member Posts: 226 Moderator
    Options

Hello!!

@HuynhTanLinh

Please check if you have any pending windows updates.
    To check for updates now, select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available.

>Switch to the generic Windows audio driverOpen device manager, Right-click on your audio device and click on Update Driver Software. Click on Browse my computer for driver software. Click on Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer. Select High Definition Audio  Device and click on Next. Follow the onscreen instructions to replace their computer’s default audio driver with the general Windows High Definition Audio Device.

>Disable any and all  audio enhancements

Open the Start Menu. Type Sound into the Search. Click on the search result titled Sound that appears under Control Panel. In the Playback tab,  right-click on the playback device that you are using (your computer’s speakers, for example) and click on Properties.Navigate to the Enhancements. Check the Disable all enhancements check box by clicking on it. This will effectively disable any and all audio  enhancements that have been applied to your computer’s speakers. Click on Apply. Click on OK. Restart and check if there is buzzing noises.

Regards,

LunaNova14

• HuynhTanLinh
    HuynhTanLinh Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hello!!

@LunaNova14 Thank you for replying to me. The problem I encountered is that after I installed Windows 10, I redownloaded the hardware drivers and they all accepted, but the audio driver did not.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,284 Trailblazer
    Options

Uninstall the audio driver, if this is Realtek use DDU in Safe Mode (see link) to uninstall, don't download/install any drivers, make sure your internet is working, reboot and let Windows10 install the drivers.
    https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000091878/graphics.html

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

We can't give you much better ideas without knowing just what machine you have. Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like xxxxx-xxx-xxxx.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.