TC-845 & Window's my hard drive can I reinstall the Windows that came with my machin

sgtrko
sgtrko Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

If I re-format my hard drive can I reinstall the Windows that came with my machine? If so how?

[Edited the thread to add issue  detail]

Answers

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    edited August 2023

Hold the ALT and tap the F-10 keys should get you there .

What is Alt F10 on startup?What is Acer Restore Key. Acer restore key, also known as Acer recovery hotkey, Acer reset key or Acer reset button, refers to one key or a set of keys which can trigger the computer boot into recovery environment when power the computer on and let you restore Acer to factory settings. The Acer restore key is Alt + F10 ...

• Larryodie

I just restored mine (TC-895) to factory, a few months ago.

Holding the SHIFT KEY while restarting will get you into SAFE MODE on WIn11 too.

• sgtrko

Tinkerer

I don't want to restore to factory. I want to reformat or replace.

• Larryodie

Did you create a system disk if not then go to my link. Beware that your MS key must be embedded on the board or you have it to enter.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-installation-media-for-windows-99a58364-8c02-206f-aa6f-40c3b507420d

• sgtrko

Tinkerer

So that's what I need to do if i want to reformat my hard drive first. Thanks.

• Larryodie

Also formatting does not destroy the factory version that is stored on your original hard drive.

If you create the USB drive then before trying to boot it, be sure that BOOT ENABLE is enabled in your bios then after saving do a F12 boot to select your USB drive,

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,448 Trailblazer
    edited August 2023

There is no such Acer desktop model as the Aspire TC-845, have a look at your Aspire dektop model number again. To do a clean install and wipe everything off a boot drive you need to do the following:

1. Boot to the windows installation USB and start the windows installation.
    2. When you get to the section of "Where do you want to install Windows?"
    3. Delete the boot drive and all its partitions that are showing.
    4. Then format the drive.
    5. And then continue the windows installation.

Doing the above will do a Clean Install and delete all data from your old boot drive. If your Aspire desktop model is the TC-865 that has an 8th Gen Intel CPU then you can install Win-11 on this desktop, and also the boot drive that Acer fitted to this desktop will be a PCIe 3x4 M.2 SSD type WD SN720 model number SDAPNUW-512G, which is a good and fast generic M.2 SSD boot drive and its worth you updating and upgrading this desktop so that its up to date.

• sgtrko

Tinkerer

So sorry. I meant 895