Best graphics card for a Aspire TC-895-UA92 Desktop?

rageofkyubii
rageofkyubii Member Posts: 1 New User

I recently bought BG3 on Steam and tried to play it, and as I obviously found out, the PC has no dedicated graphics card and so the game chugs. I’ve learned that this model can’t take most higher end graphics cards due to its power usage and whatnot, so I was curious if anyone could suggest the best graphics card I could hope to install into the PC?

Obviously I’m not going to expect it to run the game at the best possible output, but I think any good graphics card would be an improvement to the current. Any suggestions?

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,923 Pathfinder
    edited August 2023

@rageofkyubii

You need upgrade the GPU to a better performing GPU like the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti that only needs a 450W PSU and will give you 105% better performance than the GeForce GTX 780.

you can also upgrade the memory to 32GB

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,447 Trailblazer

With this desktops 500W Acer proprietary PSU that can't be upgraded, the below GPUs are the cards that Acer fitterd to your TC-895 model desktop and you are restricted to whatever the highest performing GPUs that can operate on the 500W PSU are. A better GPU to the below model is the GTX1660Ti that requires 450W PSU, so see if that is cheaper and available for you.

• StevenGen

WOW fugadug, you jumped out of your 100m sprint stalls quickly, must be a world record😁 I know all that, but the TC-895 desktop ALSO COMES WITH THE 500W PSU and that is what I was suggesting, as this desktop has 7 different PSUs that it comes with from Acer, 180W, 300W and 500W PSUs.

That is why I said that this desktop has an Acer proprietary PSU for its mobo (and can't be upgraded easily to a higher modular PSU). Also the only TC-895 desktops that has a dedicated GPU card come with the Acer 500W type Chicony or Liteon dedicated single rail ATX_12V - Auxiliary 8-pin power connector PSUs listed below and that is what I was suggesting to rageofkyubii. As a 500W PSU upgrade is the only way to upgrade to a 500W PSU that will fit and plug right into his model TC-895-UA92 desktop mobo and GPU card, use your common sense fugadug?

• StevenGen
    edited August 2023

fugadug, you have just described yourself perfectly, and especially the contribution that you make to allot of the posts that you post on! But its typical of what you keep doing and ridiculing/belittling people! Also, rageofkyubii knows the specs of his Aspire TC-895-UA92 desktop, you don't have flood him with your useless jabber about his desktop specs! rageofkyubii was asking what is the best gpu for his desktop, which is not a gpu for a 300W psu its a gpu for his desktops 500W psu. 🙃😰

• StevenGen

@rageofkyubii I have installed a GTX1660Ti (that needs a 300W PSU) into a Intel B460 chipset mainboard desktop and a same size desktop PC as the TC-895, and it worked perfectly with a PCIe16Х slot. If you look at fugadug posts, he likes to belittle all members and ridicule, as that is what he does best, this is the last time I'm going to participate in any community post that fugadug is a part of. Hope you sort your gpu upgrade out.