Could you help or guide me set bios Acer TC-1760 Desktop for boot USB ?

Zabusa
Zabusa Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello,
Could you help or guide me set bios Acer TC-1760 Desktop for boot USB and enable Boot menu ? because when i press F12 is run Bios mode but i dont know how to set bios for usb boot or open boot menu.
Thank.

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,818 Trailblazer

Assuming you are using Windows OS.

There are two types of USB boot flash drives, the Windows Recovery drive and the USB boot drive with an ISO image to install windows or to flash Bios.

How to make a Recovery flash drive: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-a-recovery-drive-abb4691b-5324-6d4a-8766-73fab304c246 This can be done on any PC with the same Windows version as on your desktop.

How to Clean install Windows10 with a USB boot drive: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-clean-install-windows-10-a.html

or Windows11: https://www.elevenforum.com/t/clean-install-windows-11.99/

Bios setup for booting with USB:
    Be sure that F12 boot key is enabled and secure boot disabled in BIOS, the USB flash drive must be FAT32 and inserted in a compatible USB port. Press F12 key during boot, if the USB is correctly formatted, it will be selectable in the Boot menu, move the USB drive to the top of the Boot Devices list with F5-F6, save settings on exit and boot without pressing F2. This will open the WindowsRE menu with the Troubleshoot options including system recovery and RESET this PC.

The second type USB flash drive will install Windows (see the 2 links above) or flash BIOS (check this forum how to flash BIOS).

• Hi @Zabusa when you press F12 do you have access to the USB?

If you don't have it, how did you create the USB? For the USB to be recognized you must create it from the Microsoft page with its own tool:

Thank you.
    All the best.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Colaborador pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
    • Pro bono contributor, I do not work or speak on behalf of Acer
    • MVP de MSFT (2003-21) & Windows Insider & (alezmvp)
  • Zabusa

Hi All,

thanks for many suggestion.

one more question I remember already Plug-in USB but 1st Boots Device have Select opention below
    1.CD/DVD
    2.Windows Boot manager

3.Removable disk/Removable device
    4.Network/Lan

Removable disk/Removable device is mean my USB is not USB boot drive or just name slot USB.

it should be show "UEFI : USB, partit…." ?

• Zabusa

My issue is solved.
    thanks you all.

• @Zabusa thanks for commenting and I'm glad.

If you want, please share the solution and it will help other users with the same problem.

Thank you.
    All the best.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Colaborador pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
    • Pro bono contributor, I do not work or speak on behalf of Acer
    • MVP de MSFT (2003-21) & Windows Insider & (alezmvp)
  • RONCARIOCA
    RONCARIOCA Member Posts: 42 Troubleshooter

So actually what was the solution ? What is the Removable Device option ?

In my BIOS I have Removable Device but no USB option for booting. How do I set for USB boot priority ?