Acer XC 885 gpu upgrade compatible with gtx 1650 oc low profile

Bruhhhj
Bruhhhj Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi, I want to ask if my acer xc-885 compatible with gtx 1650 oc low profile, I just upgrade my cpu from celeron g4900 to i5 8500.

[Edited the thread to add issue  detail]

Answers

• Hi @Bruhhhj these are the ones that appear as compatible in the service manual:

In any case, please wait for answers that can provide more information.

Thank you.

All the best.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Colaborador pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
    • Pro bono contributor, I do not work or speak on behalf of Acer
    • MVP de MSFT (2003-21) & Windows Insider & (alezmvp)
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

You are going to need a new power supply to drive anything that wants more power than the GT 1030 does. You only have 220W to work with in the Aspire XC-885, in addition to having a small space. The CPU upgrade is easy, but unlikely to give much system performance change. You can max out with an i7-8700 or drop the i5-8400 in. They shipped models with either. The power supply is one of the flex small form factor supplies. so measure everything carefully before ordering one that's larger. Even a 300W would open up a lot more possibilities for a GPU.

I typically suggest the first upgrade be a SSD, the second memory, the third a GPU and only then to look at CPUs…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.