How do I update the UEFI list for my TC-1660

Gagenp01
Gagenp01 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi, I have had to remove the bios battery to clear the UEFI device files. Now it does not recognise the Windows install. How do I repair/update the #keys. There does not seem to be any options in the bios and removing secure boot does not help. All drives seem to be locked out from view although the bios sees them. I tried upgrading the bios from R01-A1 to Ro1-A2 which did allow me to see the drive and boot until the bios set the defaults and corrected an CRC check error. It then locked down and said install a boot device.

I think I need to get to a EFI shell but nothing is offered in the bios settings. and your instructions in the documents do not seem to work. There is no CSM setting or ability to manipulate the NVRAM settings. How can I correct the problem and get the machine to accept a Linux mint USB (with EFI) so it can see a new drive and load an OS.

I have tried to ring your support and email you but my serial number is not accepted despite having registered the product on-line Serial number = DTB6VEK0041XXX part number DT.B6VEK.004

Pete.

[Edited the thread to hide sensitive information]

Answers

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

TRY

1st load the default by pressing F9, exit and save then reboot and ENABLE Boot Enable then reboot using the F2 key and select your boot device.

• Gagenp01
    Gagenp01 Member Posts: 2 New User

Fugagug, You are the man…. Thanks. You are right about the AHCI setting according to my reading. I have yet to try it but I will report back. I have also discovered there are settings in the bios, of some Acer machines, that are enabled when you put a password into the supervisor. It does not seem to work with my TC-1660 but might be of help.

I have managed to get windows going again and clear out the NVRAM. The Linux mint will now boot from USB without upsetting the Security settings. I just need to get the USB seeing the drives and I think your suggstion will do the trick.

There is a way to get to the UEFI shell using a file loaded onto a USB stick and it works. I will refind the article and post a link here for everyone later. I think this might be what you need.

I will post more when I know but thanks for your reply so far, most helpful. Pete.