PT314-52s Can I obtain the acer recovery media with licenses for BIOS Predatorsense software?

Options
geoharr123
geoharr123 Member Posts: 6 New User
edited August 2023 in Acer Software

I did a clean install of windows 11 and deleted the acer recovery media partition and now Predatorsense, certain touchpad drivers and BIOS-interacting software that allow keyboard backlighting to be changed are now not working or launching as application. my laptop is
PT314-52s

NHQFPEK001XXXX

''It sounds like you didn't use the Acer recovery media to reinstall Windows & revert back to Windows10. This is a shame because you have now destroyed the manufacturer recovery partition.

The Acer Recovery Media has all the Windows & Acer software including applicable licenses coded into it. Acer software needs to find the Acer licensed OEM installation of Windows to function properly.

Make sure you download the version of Predator Sense for your specific model. It will be in the Acer support page for your serial number.

Having said all that, Acer really screwed up something in their software installers for people who were silly enough to try to clean install Windows from a source other than the Acer Recovery Media. The Acer Recovery Media has some hidden (bloatware) software that also installs and eliminates any issues with PredatorSense.

PredatorSense and Care Center install as services so you won't find the executable unless you dig in the Acer install directory. I've had to restart the service to get functionality back.''

[Edited the thread to hide sensitive information and to add model name]

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Options

Hi @geoharr123 waiting for more answers, look at the following information:

Thank you.
    A cordial greeting.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

Acer has two versions of each utility on their support site for Windows 11. Just download the latest and install each as Administrator under Windows 11 and they should work after a reboot. No real need for the recovery media if all you need is those three apps, Predator Sense, Acer Care Center and Acer Quick Access.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.