acer aspire A514-54 about some rams what is the good brand ram to put in my laptop

Earljotic31
Earljotic31 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in Aspire Laptops

what is the good brand ram to put in my laptop is acer aspire A514-54 or you guys have some suggestion i just want to play path of exile but my laptop can't even run that game properly. fps problems:>

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and add   issue  detail]

Answers

• Hi @Earljotic31 waiting for more answers that can help your query, the best one is the one that meets the requirements and is compatible, I leave you the characteristics that appear in the service manual and compatible modules of any manufacturer:

Thank you.
    All the best.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Colaborador pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
    • Pro bono contributor, I do not work or speak on behalf of Acer
    • MVP de MSFT (2003-21) & Windows Insider & (alezmvp)
  • Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,693 Trailblazer

What is your RAM at the moment 4GB or 8GB and is the 1 removable DDR4 slot still empty or do you have a module in it, what size?
    Open Task Manager, Performance, Memory tab and check if your speed is 1300 or 2667 MHz.

To get maximum RAM speed (Dual Channel mode) you need to match the DDR4 that is soldered on the MOBO, if you already have done that all you can do is increase RAM but it will be running in Single mode 1300 MHz.

So if the DDR4 slot is empty and your RAM speed is around 1300 MHz, match the soldered DDR4 and you will double it.